Workable Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Workable is a robust and scalable recruiting solution. Their AI-powered sourcing tool, which integrates seamlessly with their ATS and other products, can give you access to over 400 million candidate records.
- You can post jobs with one click to over 200 sites. You also get access to access to Workable’s talent pool with over 400 million profiles.
- Workable has built-in cognitive and personality candidate assessment. The platform also has features for offer management, which means you can create offer letters and collect e-signatures without needing to use third-party tools
- You can reduce unconscious hiring bias with Workable’s anonymized screening feature. It helps you hide identifying candidate information from the sourced and applied stages of the hiring process.
- Workable doesn’t provide automated reference checking and onboarding features.
- Useful features such as candidate texting, video interviews, and assessments are not offered in any of Workable’’s plans and instead, sold separately.
- Workable could do better with duplicate candidate merging. Currently, candidates who apply for multiple positions at the same time are not merged. The system instead assigns them a new ID each time, which leads to having multiple candidate records for the same person.
- Several users complained about the reporting feature not being detailed or customizable enough, and that the candidate search function could use more filters.
Workable is a robust recruiting solution that’s great for medium and large-sized companies. It enables you to attract candidates through custom-branded career pages, targeted social media campaigns, and mobile-friendly application process.
To speed up your candidate sourcing efforts even further, Workable distributes your job posts to over 200 job sites, provides you with access to their searchable talent pool with over 400 million profiles, and enables you to create employee referral and internal mobility programs so you can find great candidates from within.
You can track how candidates are progressing through your hiring process with Workable’s customizable recruiting pipelines. You can also screen candidates through one-way video interviews, or integrate Workable with video conferencing tools such as Zoom to conduct live video interviews. To reduce unconscious hiring bias, Workable enables you to anonymize the whole candidate screening process, meaning all identifying candidate information - from the sourced and applied stages of the hiring process - will be hidden from interviewers.
A neat thing about Workable is that it takes you beyond mere candidate sourcing and tracking. It helps you see the hiring process through with built-in cognitive and personality candidate assessments, as well as offer management features, which means you can create offer letters and collect e-signatures without needing to use third-party tools.
Workable isn’t the best fit for small businesses with tight budgets. It doesn’t offer a free plan and its cheapest plan isn’t the cheapest on the market for what it offers. Workable also isn’t a good fit for companies in need of onboarding features.
Workable has been used by over 20,000 organizations, including Sephora, Forbes, Bevi, Moodle, and Navarro.
- 20K companies
- 1.3M hires
- 85M candidates
- Employer branding: Customizable careers pages with multi-language support, targeted social media ad campaigns, and mobile-enabled application forms.
- Candidate sourcing: One-click job posting to over 200 sites, access to Workable’s talent pool with over 400 million profiles, a candidate sourcing chrome extension that works LinkedIn and Twitter, AI-powered candidate recommendations, employee referral, and internal mobility programs.
- Candidate screening: Customizable recruiting pipelines, interview self-scheduling options, email and calendar sync, anonymized screening, built-in cognitive and personality tests, one-way video interviews, and integrations with video conferencing tools for live video interviews.
- Candidate experience: 700+ gender-neutral and inclusive job descriptions, automated personalized emails, and candidate surveys.
- Offer management: Offer letter templates, approval workflows, and a built-in e-signature tool that works on desktops and mobile devices.
- Reporting, analytics, and mobile app: standard and custom reports that can be exported and shared, detailed analytics, and mobile app for on-the-go access to notes, calendars, and quick actions.
Workable integrates with many third-party business solutions for human resources management, onboarding, job advertising, background checks, payroll, and more. Some familiar names include BambooHR, Bob, Paylocity, Okta, LinkedIn, Zoom, and Criteria. They also have Zapier integration and an open API, allowing you to plug in a wide range of custom solutions.
Workable has three plans:
- Paygo: This plan is designed to be a self-service solution for companies with occasional hiring needs. It costs $129 per job per month.
- Standard: Workable’s Standard plan is designed for growing businesses. When billed annually, this plan costs $279 per month for a team of 1-20 employees.
- Premier: Workable's Premier plan is an expansive solution for businesses looking to hire at scale. When billed annually, this plan costs $659 per month for a team of 1-20 employees.
Do note that some of Workable’s modules aren’t included in the above plans and are sold separately as add-ons. These modules are:
- Video interviews: Pricing starts at $159 per month, billed annually
- Candidate texting: Pricing starts at $99 per month, billed annually
- Assessments: Pricing starts at $119 per month, billed annually
You can start using Workable today as they offer 15-day free trials. Simply head to their website and click the Get Started button. This will take you to a page where you can enter your company details and do the basic account configuration. As you go about setting up your Workable instance, we highly recommend checking out their implementation guides, available on their help center page. These guides break down several processes, including how to customize recruiting pipelines and career pages.
Workable has a help center with plenty of self-service resources that are accessible 24/7. If customers need further help, they can reach out to Workable's support team via live chat or email. Do note that Premier plan customs get extra perks including priority support, dedicated account management, and onboarding services.
Created in 2012 by Nikos Moraitakis and Spyros Magiatis in Athens, Greece, Workable’s aim is to help companies source the best talent, communicate more effectively and scale faster. Not long after its creation that Workable secured investors and started getting adopted by customers. Today, Workable has offices in Boston, London, Athens, San Francisco, and Sydney, and is used by over 20,000 companies in more than 100 countries.