SmartRecruiters Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
SmartRecruiters' enterprise-grade talent acquisition suite goes beyond applicant tracking; it's got solutions for candidate sourcing, assessment, and engagement, as well as native collaboration and AI tools.
- SmartRecruiters has a built-in candidate assessment and skill testing module that allows you to predict cultural fit, future performance and retention, without needing to integrate third-party solutions.
- SmartRecruiters provides features for offer management. You can create offer letter templates, share them with successful applicants, and collect their e-signatures from any device using SmartRecruiters’ DocuSign integration.
- Speaking of integrations, SmartRecruiters has pre-built integrations with over 500 HR solutions and job boards. You can also ask SmartRecruiters’ team to build additional integrations for you if it doesn’t integrate with products in your tech stack.
- SmartRecruiters’ pricing isn’t transparent. Interested users have to go through the sales team to receive a quote. Users are also not able to create trial accounts on their own.
- Users have reported a steep learning curve and that the UI takes time to get used to. Some users have also reported that the system can be slow and glitches at times.
- The reporting feature doesn’t always retrieve data accurately. Some users have also complained that report customizations and KPI tracking capabilities are limited.
- Candidate filtering is quite limited. As it stands, only basic options such as degree, location, gender etc are provided.
SmartRecruiters is a talent acquisition software that helps medium and large-sized companies attract, engage and hire suitable candidates. It features a drag-and-drop career site builder so you can quickly create career pages that showcase your employer brand and list available positions, a built-in CRM that helps you continuously engage candidates, and targeted ads so you can reach specific talent. Like most applicant tracking systems, SmartRecruiters also allows you to post jobs to multiple job boards and build an internal talent pool of promising candidates.
After candidates apply for your positions, SmartRecruiters lets you track the status of their applications from a single dashboard. This dashboard lets you see which candidates have been interviewed, hired, rejected etc. You can also screen candidates through customizable forms, and evaluate their cultural fitness, competence, and more through SmartRecruiters’ built-in assessments and skills tests.
We like that SmartRecruiters has an AI-powered talent matching feature that automatically searches your talent pool, screens promising candidates and recommends the best candidates for your open positions. Another thing we like about the platform is that it allows you to create offer letter templates and share them with successful applicants. Do note however that SmartRecruiters doesn’t have document signing features built-in, but you can still collect candidate e-signatures by integrating SmartRecruiters with third-party solutions like DocuSign.
SmartRecruiters isn’t the right fit for small businesses with infrequent hiring needs.
SmartRecruiters is used by thousands of companies, including Ikea, Visa, LinkedIn, Equinox, and Skechers.
In a 2020 Customer Value Survey that 5,897 SmartRecruiters customers took part in, they reported seeing the following results since using the platform:
- 166% more applications
- 63% faster response time
- 59% more time spent on relationship building
- Career site: SmartRecruiters allows you to create custom-branded career pages via its drag-and-drop enabled builder. You can also enable job alerts for candidates, use the job widget to quickly add jobs, and launch an employee portal for your current employees to see available jobs within your organization that they can apply to.
- Candidate sourcing: Cast a wide net with SmartRecuriters’ CRM and recruitment campaigns, reach specific talent with targeted ads, post jobs to multiple job boards, and build an internal talent pool of promising candidates.
- Applicant tracking: After candidates apply for your positions, SmartRecruiters lets you track the status of their application from a single dashboard. This dashboard lets you see which candidates have been interviewed, hired, rejected etc.
- Candidate screening: Customize job application forms, and evaluate candidates thoroughly with fully-integrated assessments and skills tests that predict cultural fit, future performance and retention, without third-party integrations. The platform also has pre-integrated background and reference checks.
- Offer management: Create offer letter templates, share them with successful applicants, and collect their e-signatures from any device using SmartRecruiters’ DocuSign integration.
SmartRecruiters also has features for:
- Recruitment marketing
- Candidate experience management
- Collaborative hiring
- Reporting and analytics
- Mobile access (Android and iOS)
SmartRecruiters has over 570 pre-built integrations with several job boards and HR solutions, some of which Indeed, Gem, Talent.com, CodeSignal, VidCruiter, Checkr, Bob, and more. They also have an open API allowing users to plug in several custom solutions.
The pricing of SmartRecruiters' plans isn't disclosed upfront. Contact a sales rep to get a custom quote.
SmartRecruiters has a team of in-house experts that conduct in-depth consultations and aid new users with product implementation. They also offer customized training and workshops to onboard users quickly.
SmartRecruiters has a knowledge base, product tutorials, ebooks, and whitepapers that are accessible 24/7. They also offer admin certification and support services on-demand.
Our simple goal is to make hiring easy. To help businesses get the talent they need to succeed. And to help people find a job they love. Everyone is incredibly frustrated by how hard it is to find amazing talent. We share that frustration. Recruiting is a fragmented, opaque process undermined by outdated technology that turns off candidates and hiring managers. Now, imagine a world where it’s easy to find great candidates, it’s easy for people to show interest in jobs, it’s easy for hiring teams to collaborate, and your recruiting vendors are just a click away.
Besides the HQ, they also have offices Washington, Poland, Germany, UK, France