Video interview software removes geographical restrictions from the interview process which allows hiring teams to connect with a much larger pool of talent. The right video interviewing platform can boost efficiency and improve candidate experience but, with so many vendors to pick from and features to assess, it can be hard to find the perfect fit.
That’s where our experts really add value to your operation.
My colleagues and I have been reviewing vendors in this space for years and have pored over the video interview software market at a granular level so you don’t have to. Our regularly updated findings (as well as feedback from experts and other users) are presented below.
Best Video Interviewing Platforms
To choose the best video interviewing platforms, we thoroughly evaluated vendors through demos, personal testing, user reviews, and expert input. We identified user-friendliness, branding, integration, and tech support as crucial factors in determining the best video interviewing platforms.
- User-friendliness: We prioritized vendors that offer a smooth user experience per user feedback and our own testing. Platforms with user-friendly mobile apps or compatibility with mobile devices allow candidates to take interviews from a desktop or on the go, with a simple name and email sign-in for tracking purposes.
- Branding: A great video interviewing platform offers several options to enhance employer branding. Options we looked for include customizable emails and SMS sent to candidates, intro and outro videos, logos, and branding colors on job posts.
- Integration: From our experience, seamless ATS software integration is crucial. Unlike free video conferencing tools like Zoom or Skype, a robust video interviewing platform works well with or has its own ATS, ensuring consistency and saving time on manual data updates.
- Tech support: Reliable customer support can make all the difference during interviews. We selected platforms with clear instructions, practice sessions, and available support when issues arise.
For more insight into our vetting and selection process, check out this article on how we choose the best HR software vendors.
Willo’s video interviewing platform has won the hearts of teams under tight schedules and limited recruitment budgets. It stands out for its easy implementation, transparent pricing, and free tier that provides the perfect balance of features needed for effective video interviews.
- Willo’s asynchronous video interviews provide branded features, intelligent questions, bulk invites, automated reminders, and ID checks.
- Extremely simple to get started.
- Transparent pricing, including a free-forever plan and a 15-day trial. Available discounts for nonprofits and early-stage startups.
- 24/7 customer support for all plans.
- Has a feedback page where users can report issues, request new features, or upvote already requested ones.
- Supports English, Dutch, German, Indonesian, Russian, Arabic, French, Spanish, Hindi, Chinese Simplified, Traditional Chinese, and Greek.
- 2FA supported, ISO 27001 certified, and GDPR compliant.
- Asynchronous video interviews (one of the main benefits of video interviewing) that save your recruiting team time while allowing them to see candidates for who they are beyond a resume
- Extremely simple to get started, powerful enough for larger companies
- Transparent and affordable pricing, including a free tier
- Willo calculates the time your recruiting team saves each month so you know you’re getting value
- Doesn’t have the breadth of features older products in this space (10+ years) have.
- Respondents can’t record their screen as part of their response to a question.
- They don’t have a mobile app but a mobile-optimized experience. Reading questions on mobile devices can be a bit difficult.
- Limited native ATS integrations but is adding more (just added SAP SuccessFactors, SmartRecruiters, and Workday).
- No video transcription features.
- Doesn’t have live video interviews.
- Doesn’t have the breadth of features that products have who have been in this space for 10+ years
- They don’t have a mobile app, but do have a mobile-optimized experience
- Native ATS integrations are limited to <10 ATS’s at this point
- They do not have real time 1:1 video interviews
While Willo may not offer the same array of features as more established platforms, the video interview software shines with its simplicity, dedication to regular updates, and multilingual capabilities. These qualities make it an excellent choice for growing teams and SMBs, especially considering its free tier and affordable pricing.
One aspect that impressed us is Willo’s focused approach. Rather than trying to do everything at once, Willo prioritizes developing features customers demand. We also appreciated the transparency in pricing and the availability of help documentation, which greatly contributed to the smooth navigation.
Willo's asynchronous video interviews are a valuable tool, providing branded features, intelligent questions, bulk invites, automated reminders, and ID checks. The 24/7 support is also helpful. Willo even provides a page for users to suggest and upvote new features, showcasing its dedication to creating an exceptional user experience.
However, Willo does lack certain features offered by more established platforms. For instance, it doesn’t have live interviews, and respondents cannot record screens as part of their interview responses. The platform offers a mobile-optimized experience instead of a mobile app, yet we found reading questions on mobile devices can be a bit challenging. Willo can only connect with a few native ATSs, so it’s a relief to see it is expanding its integrations (it just added SAP SuccessFactors, SmartRecruiters, and Workday integrations in the past 2 months). We’re also glad to see video transcriptions are on Willo’s roadmap.
5,000+ customers, including Danone, NHS Scotland, 7-Eleven, Samsung, and the University of Pennsylvania.
Willo has three paid plans in addition to its free-forever plan.
- Free Forever: Limited to 1 job and 10 responses per month.
- Starter: $56.25/month when billed annually, for businesses with 1-49 employees.
- Growth: $225/month when billed annually, for businesses with 50-249 employees.
- Scale: from $850/month when billed annually, for businesses with 250 or more employees.
- For businesses who need to build with an API: from $180/month when billed annually.
- 50% discount for nonprofits. Price breaks for startups founded in the past 2 years and have under 10 employees.
- Has a free 15-day trial with all the features of a paid plan.
- Offers month-to-month plans and a 25% discount if you pre-pay for 1 or 2 years of service.
Willo has a variety of plans and features which means it can be a good fit for independent recruiters, small teams, or even enterprises with high-volume review requirements. Its discount programs also make the tool a worthwhile deal for startups and nonprofits.
We use Willo for Async interviews which thousands of applicants complete every month. We use the interview to confirm their identity and check their suitability and ability for the role. We then have a team of people who review the interview recordings. We also have used Willo to interview candidates for this team and conduct right-to-work checks. We will be moving our Right to Work checks for our Tutors onto Willo which will be great to free up operational resources.
- I really like that Willo is so easily adaptable to our needs. and we can update our interviews whenever we need.
- The Willo team has been super open to our suggestions and have added new features that we have requested.
- The platform is really reliable and we can rely on it to cope with our large volume of interviews and the recordings are of a really high quality.
We onboard thousands of Tutors each year and needed an effective way to conduct interviews for so many people. We previously did interviews on calls that were booked with a team of freelance interviewers. There were issues with applicants and interviewers not turning up and sometimes problems with tech issues. In these cases, candidates would need to rebook the interviews. There were also constraints with the availability of the interviewers which could cause bottlenecks in our onboarding flow. We wanted to move to async interviews to remove these problems and Willo was the best tool to do this. Using Willo has meant that our tutors have a much better experience when applying and giving them the ability to complete their interviews in their own time has improved our conversion rates significantly. We purchased Willo in Q1 of 2023. I have been working more closely with Willo since May of 2023.
- When there are tech issues that affect the interview it is hard to tell the reason for the tech issues without getting in touch.
- It would be great to get more insights on the main dashboard about the performance and conversion rates of the interviews. Here it would be great to see expected conversion versus actual conversion.
- I would love to be able to see information about how long applicants are spending on questions and how many retakes they are using.
I haven't tried or had any experience with their competitors.
Price per interview, the flexibility- how well will this tool fit in with your business needs. From our perspective, our applicants are also our customers so being able to create and update the interviews so easily was a must.
Willo has a great platform for requesting updates, improvements and new features. We have requested a lot of new features that have now been introduced. They are also currently working on implementing multiple-choice questions for us for example.
Organisations that are completing high volumes of interviews daily. Willo would be great for first-round interviews or quick ability checks like we use them for.
I think for users that are needing to demonstrate a technical skill in something like data or software engineering. If you need to ask follow-up questions to get clarification Willo is not the right tool- at least from my experience.
VidCruiter has powerful live and prerecorded video interviewing features, plus highly-rated customer service and enterprise-grade security, making it a solid option for medium-to-high-volume recruitment, nationally and internationally.
- VidCruiter is a highly customizable video interviewing platform that can follow any workflow.
- Robust, pre-recorded, live, and panel interviews with structured rating guides embedded in the platform.
- Works on all devices directly in the browsers.
- Live agent support for candidates and hiring managers, 24/7.
- Supports English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, and Korean. Requested languages can be added within 48 hours for applicants and 4 weeks for recruiters.
- ISO 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, and SOC2 Type2 certified; PIPEDA, CCPA, VPAT, EEOC, OFCCP, TX-RAMP, and GDPR compliant. Data is stored in multiple data centers across user-selected geographic zones: Canada, USA, Europe, UK, and Australia.
- Scalable and customizable — users pay for what they need and can purchase more features as they grow.
- Robust pre-recorded and live video interviewing with advanced automation.
- Browser-based, so it works across devices without installing apps.
- Available for recruiters in eight languages and supports job seekers in dozens more.
- 24/7 live agent support, assigned account manager, and on-demand training.
- Longer implementation times due to the nature of the options with the products.
- No 2-factor authentication.
- No free or trial version.
- Undisclosed pricing.
- Because the product is feature-rich and highly customizable, the implementation phase can be time-consuming.
- Advanced search and technical skills testing features within the assessment module leave room for improvement.
- No free or trial version.
- Undisclosed pricing.
VidCruiter is one of the pioneers in the video interview space. It gives users the flexibility to choose between pre-recorded and live video interviews, both, or even combine them with other VidCruiter’s offerings (ATS, Scheduler, Reference Checking) for an end-to-end hiring solution.
What impressed us most about VidCruiter is its commitment to enterprise-grade security, with certifications and compliance that ensure data protection in multiple geographic zones. We also appreciate its multi-language support. With availability in 8 languages, it goes the extra mile by providing requested languages within 48 hours for applicants and 4 weeks for recruiters.
VidCruiter's interface provides real-time candidate display, standardized questions, and rating guide, making things easier for interviewers to assess candidates during live interviews. It also incorporates frameworks for diversity, equity, and inclusion to mitigate bias. Plus, the option to invite guest raters adds an extra layer of collaboration to the interview process.
Another plus is VidCruiter’s customer support. The availability of a 24/7 live agent, email support, and a dedicated account manager truly sets the software apart. There is also on-demand tech assistance and a testing page for candidates to ensure a seamless interview experience.
However, implementation can take time, owing to the customization levels customers require. While you can treat VidCruiter like a plug-and-play tool (having no requirements for custom workflows), it isn’t recommended if you want to derive the best value from the software. Additionally, VidCruiter's pricing is more tailored to the higher-end market. Lastly, VidCruiter is a paid product without a free trial option.
100,000+ customers, including Lowe’s, Lionsgate, Samsung, Bears, US Foods, and United Nations.
VidCruiter pricing depends on the hiring volumes, so it’s best to contact the vendor directly for a quote.
VidCruiter's flexibility and comprehensive approach to interview processes make it a go-to option for medium to large-sized companies that hire at least 100 people per year. The platform also works well for both US-based and global enterprises.
Spark Hire is a strong video interview solution for staffing and midsize businesses to video interview candidates for their remote and international positions, thanks to its intuitive UI, multiple brands excellent technical support, and unlimited video interviews offered to all of its plans.
- Spark Hire doesn’t put any limits on the number of live and on-demand interviews businesses can conduct across all of its plans.
- US-based and multi-time zone support, available for both company users and applicants.
- Option for candidates to give feedback on their taken interviews.
- Advanced share links let stakeholders rate and leave comments on candidates, fostering collaborative hiring.
- In-app scheduling tool.
- Transparent month-to-month pricing with a 20% discount on the annual plan.
- Can integrate well with 40+ ATSs and calendars. Merged with Comeet ATS (Jun 2023) to provide a more comprehensive suite of recruiting solutions.
- Doesn’t provide a free version. Users need to join a demo to access the 14-day free trial.
- The storage capacity is limited per plan. When exceeding your storage limit, an extra 5 GB of storage ($15 per month) will be auto-billed to your account.
- Can get pricey if you hire from 6 positions or more simultaneously.
- Only supports English.
One thing that blew us away about Spark Hire is the absence of limits on live and one-way interviews across all plans. That's right, no constraints holding you back from conducting interviews to your heart's content.
For one-way video interviews, Spark Hire offers a range of options to customize questions. You can set time limits, control takes, and restrict answer length. Built-in interview evaluation lets you rate, comment, tag, and send rejection emails directly through the platform.
Spark Hire knows how to bring energy to live interviews. You can add your logo, customize colors, and auto-record full-length interviews. Plus, both company users and candidates receive excellent technical support.
Now, here's our favorite part: team-based evaluation. Share interviews with as many hiring managers as you want, collect instant feedback and anonymize candidate information. Get real-time notifications and gather reviews without requiring logins.
Spark Hire doesn't mess around when it comes to pricing, with month-to-month plans and a 20% discount for annual plans. It integrates smoothly with over 40 ATSs and calendars. Oh, did you hear about its recent merger with Comeet ATS? It's to bring a more comprehensive suite of recruiting solutions. Looks promising, doesn’t it?
While there's no free version, you can join a demo to get your hands on a 14-day free trial. But keep in mind the storage limit per plan, as exceeding it incurs additional charges of $15 per month for 5 GB. Just a heads up if you're planning on hiring for six or more positions simultaneously — it could get a bit pricey.
6,000+ customers, including USPS, Ikea, Volkswagen, Bae Systems, and Love’s.
Spark Hire has four plans:
- Lite: $149 per month for unlimited interviews for 1 job at a time with 3 users.
- Pro: $299 per month with unlimited interviews for 5 jobs at a time with 5 users.
- Growth: $499 per month with unlimited interviews for 10 jobs at a time with 6+ users.
- Enterprise has custom pricing.
- 20% discount available for annual Lite, Pro, and Growth plan subscriptions.
Spark Hire is a solid option for SMBs and staffing firms with remote or international job positions, especially those that value collaborative assessments and strong integration capabilities in their cloud-based video interview platform.
We use Sparkhire as the one-way video platform for all of our roles at the AMA. This is the first step after application to engage with candidates. We send them to the Sparkhire app through a link in our ATS messaging and the hiring manager reviews, rates and comments on each question in a thorough way to ensure there is no bias in their decision making.
After the Sparkhire interview, we have a better idea how a candidate shares their thoughts, how they understand the questions and show off their critical thinking skills. Once a candidate makes it through that first step, if the hiring manager would like to move them forward to a phone interview with me, I refer to the answers provided in Sparkhire and refer to them. This again shows candidates that we are paying attention to what they have told us and that we are engaged. This is a marked difference from other organizations.
After the phone interview, hiring managers determine who is moved to the final step of the process, a Virtual Interview.
I love how easy it is for me as an admin and for our hiring managers. The candidate experience is fantastic as well.I love that you can turn what can feel like an impersonal experience for candidates into a more activated and engaged process. I also love that the interviews can be done when it’s most convenient for the candidate. Oftentimes, we receive these interviews after hours or overnight. Having this timeline allows candidates to provide thoughtful responses.
We engaged with Sparkhire at the end of 2019. We've been using it for over three years. The reason we started with it was due to the lack of mobile application of our old tool. We were looking for a more inclusive tool and Sparkhire absolutely solved for this problem. We also wanted this to be a more personal experience for our candidates and we loved being able to record intro and outro videos for our candidates as well as record the questions so that the candidates knew there was someone there and that someone was me! We also liked the idea of unlimited think time. It takes some of the initial resistance away from candidates when they see that we want them to succeed and bring their best selves to the interview process.
The feedback section can be tricky. We would like the Discuss Answer to be the default place to take notes for candidate responses rather than in the Add Comment section which isn't viewable by the recruiter.
I am disappointed that there isn’t an integration with our ATS, which causes hiring managers to engage with two separate platforms rather than just one.
Quality of service, flawless candidate, and customer experience.
- Cost - this is a fantastic solution and worth every penny.
- Implementation - this is where Sparkhire shines. Implementation is robust and training is thorough.
- Ease of use for candidates - When your candidates can get to know you and your company through intros/outros, you’d be surprised at how much of a difference it makes in their experience.
- Ease of use for hiring managers and recruiters - The system is very easy to use which removes a barrier for hiring managers and recruiters since they’re using a 2nd system outside of our ATS.
Over time, they have made some minor tweaks and added new features to the whole platform that have greatly helped with overall user experience and analytics capabilities.
All: recruiter, hiring manager, the candidate.
Any organization that doesn't need a personal touch or high accountability from recruiters and hiring managers would not appreciate this tool.
myInterview shines for medium-to-large businesses. Though free options are gone, you'll get unlimited interviews regardless of your chosen plans, a built-in scheduler, and an AI tool that, based on your desired qualities, will show you the top candidates. The growing integration options makes the tool even harder to resist.
- myInterview Intelligence identifies suitable candidates based on skills and personality from video submissions.
- Creates intelligent journeys based on applicant responses (if-then automation).
- Mobile-optimized, app-free candidate interviews.
- Mock questions and online instructions for interviewee preparation.
- Supports English, French, German, Hebrew, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Export candidates to CSV files.
- Video interviews with automated subtitles and downloadable.
- Kanban Board for easy candidate management.
- Native Scheduling tool.
- Supports various question types: single-choice, multiple-choice, written text, and video.
- Customizable permissions and sharing options.
- Standard plans offer unlimited one-way video interviews and SMS invitations, with 24/7 customer support.
- myInterview has a neat screening feature that can sift through thousands of video submissions and identify suitable candidates not only based on skills, but also personality.
- The platform provides analytics that help you understand how well your current application process is working, so that you can make improvements as needed.
- It lets you add instant candidate ratings so you’re able to compare candidates and make data-based decisions.
- myInterview lets you create a branded, customized interview process. You can choose from their library of pre-recorded questions, or create your own.
- myInterview ensures that all your interviewers have access to the same information about each candidate. This is so they’re all asking the same questions and given a fair chance at evaluating each candidate's answers.
- Can't customize the email templates without contacting support.
- Both free plan and free trial have been discontinued.
- No live interviewing tool.
- Certain limitations exist on key benefits and job highlight content length.
- Custom integrations entail extra costs.
- No candidate feedback option after interviews.
- A few users have noted that myInterview doesn't offer many customization options. For example, you can't customize the email templates without contacting support.
- myInterview currently doesn’t have a mobile app neither for hiring managers or candidates.
- Though they do have a free forever plan, it is limited to only 1 active job post at a time.
myInterview has this awesome screening feature that goes through all your video submissions and doesn't just look at skills, but also personality. That means it helps you find the right fit not only in terms of qualifications but also in terms of who they are.
One thing we really like is that it's mobile-friendly. Candidates don't need to download any apps to do their interviews. Plus, it supports multiple languages like English, French, German, and more. So, it's really user-friendly on both ends.
Let's not forget the customizable interview questions. You get to use different response types like single/multiple choice (with the option to automate rejection based on candidates’ responses), written text, and video; export candidates to a CSV file; download the interviews; or watch them on myInterview with subtitles and playbacks.
The video interviewing software has just transformed its candidate dashboard to Kanban Board so you can easily manage candidates by dragging and dropping them around. You can even send automated emails for the next steps when moving candidates to different columns, like hired or rejected.
Another great move is that myInterview now has a native scheduler. Bulk actions are also there for sharing, rejecting, moving, or deleting candidates in one go. And a search bar for faster candidate filtration.
Regarding team management, you can create groups with custom account permissions and share job access with specific teams or individuals.
Now, there are a couple of downsides. Some users have mentioned that myInterview could use more customization options, as for now, you can't customize the email templates without contacting support. Also, the free plan is no longer available, but you can still try it out with their free trial.
But here's what's missing — there's no live interviewing tool. And if you're into custom integrations, that might cost you extra.
10,000 businesses, including 7-Eleven, Billabong, McDonalds, and Hyatt
myInterview provides two pricing plans, with the minimum contract length of 1 year.
- Individual ($99/month, billed yearly): Offers 2 active jobs, 2 user seats, 6,000 Text/SMS invites, Zapier Integration, unlimited one-way interviews per year.
- Professional (custom): Custom options for active jobs, user seats, unlimited one-way interviews, unlimited Text/SMS invites, scheduling, API and custom integrations, multi question types, myInterview intelligence, 24/7 customer support, and more.
myInterview is an excellent fit for mid-market and large businesses, particularly those handling high-volume, entry-level positions. It caters to in-house recruitment teams, recruiting agencies, and teams with single or multiple brands.
Hireflix is a leader in the one-way video interviewing space, sporting a minimalist and modern interface that's super easy to navigate. SMBs love the simplicity and the scalability, plus the 1-month free trial the software provides.
- Hireflix is simple and frictionless. Candidates can take the interview from any country, at any time, and from any device or browser. No application, log-in, or registration is required.
- All plans include unlimited users, unlimited active jobs, and unlimited interview themes.
- Can be deployed immediately, requires no technical knowledge.
- Responsive customer support.
- Excellent set of features for one-way video interviewing: robust branding options, customizable candidate communication, candidate notification flow automation, automatic transcriptions, and downloadable video interviews.
- Option to use your own domain on your Hireflix interview links.
- Provides transparent pricing and a 1-month free trial.
- Supports more than twenty languages.
- SOC 2 Type I compliant.
- Hireflix is simple and frictionless. Candidates can take the interview from any country, at any time, and from any device or browser. No application, log-in, or registration is required.
- According to users, Hireflix is super easy to implement, can be deployed immediately, requires no technical knowledge, and provides excellent customer support.
- Hireflix provides a multi-language candidate experience. It supports more than twenty languages including English, Spanish, French, Polish, German and more.
- Excellent set of features for one-way video interviewing (think time, answer time, retakes, multi-branding, transcriptions, customizable notifications, shareable links, an open API, native integrations with the top ATS's, and more.)
- One of the longest free trials for a product in its category.
- Limited native integration capabilities (12 ATSs).
- No built-in live video interviews and scheduling tools.
- Limited to video question types, no other formats supported.
- Absence of post-interview feedback option.
- Lack of online interview instructions for candidates.
- No free plan.
- If you are looking for AI or ML or live (two-way) video interviews, Hireflix will not be helpful for you since they focus exclusively in one-way video interviewing.
We love Hireflix for its comprehensive one-way interview features and overall simplicity. Rather than become a jack-of-all-trades, the platform is laser-focused on one-way video interviews. It is also one of the few tools with a transparent pricing structure.
Creating a test interview on Hireflix is easy. We added video and text questions, set the thinking time for candidates for each, and it was ready to go. Hireflix supports individual and bulk CVS invites. We could send our interview invitation via email or public link. When we joined the interview as a candidate, the interview link pointed us to the interview page directly — no app downloads or signups are required.
Hireflix is also quite generous regarding user access on each of its plans. Even the cheapest subscription offered unlimited seats, positions, multiple brands, and interview responses. The free trial lasts one month (among the longest trial period we’ve seen in this category) and lets users try all Hireflix functionalities. The video interview software even offers a 20% discount to NGOs and startups under two years old.
Hireflix provides integration with various third-party tools and we didn't encounter any issues during the implementation process. However, it’s a bummer that the software doesn’t support any other question types like text-based, multiple-choice, or file upload. It only does video questions. And while it has a page where interviewees can test their tech before joining the interviews, there are neither online instructions available on the website nor mock interviews they can practice to get ready for the real one.
Skyeng, Tutorese, Career Rockstars, Propel International, and SoCal Counseling Center.
Hireflix offers a 1-month free trial and three pricing plans. All plans include one-way interviews, inviting candidates at scale, and reviewing responses as a team, unlimited users, unlimited active jobs, integrations, and support. When billed annually:
- Small: Priced at $75/month, this plan is ideal for businesses with less than 50 employees.
- Medium: This plan costs $150 per month and is geared towards mid-sized companies with 50-250 employees.
- Custom: Hireflix offers a custom quote for corporates, recruitment agencies, and other use cases.
Hireflix works best for startups and small to medium businesses that want to focus exclusively on one-way video interviews.
Despite being a newcomer in the video interview space, Clovers has built out quite a promising solution for intelligent and structured hiring. The AI note-taking, dedicated training and support, and new research-backed DEI features like inclusive job posts and redacted resume reviews make them stand out in a crowded market.
- Offers both one-way and live video interviews, available individually or as a bundle.
- One-way video interviews include unlimited jobs, pre-recorded interviews, intro/outro videos, replay, playback speed, and transcriptions.
- Live interviews feature a searchable candidate database, blinded evaluator ratings, and analytics for interviewer coaching.
- Candidate support includes a help and support page, rehearsing, retakes, chatbot assistance, and interview guides.
- Native library of 1,000 I/O-certified questions organized by role.
- Internal and external sharing, commenting, ratings, and in-line tagging for collaborative assessments.
- AI automates note-taking and sentiment analysis to create concise candidate highlight videos.
- Mobile-optimized with no need for mobile app downloads.
- Expands DEI&B offerings with the acquisition of TalVista.
- Dedicated support (Slack, chat, email, and phone) and training for video interview bundles.
- SOC 2 Type II and GDPR compliant.
- Candidates must sign up to access the help & support page.
- Limited question types (video, audio, text) with no multiple-choice, file-uploading, or intelligent responses based on applicants' answers.
- While Clovers' bank of questions is included in their video interview bundles, Structured Interview Guides require a separate purchase.
- Candidates can't see the number of takes allowed per question. No option to gather their feedback or ratings after one-way video interviews either.
- Compatible with Zoom and Microsoft Teams, but not yet with Google Meet.
- No native interview scheduling tool.
- English is the only language supported.
- No free plan or free trial. Annual subscriptions required.
Clovers set themselves apart with a strong focus on advancing their hiring intelligence offerings. Alongside video interview tools, you'll find Job Description Optimization and Resume Redaction Review. This is achieved through their acquisition of TalVista, a diversity recruiting tool, and ongoing collaborations with established social psychologists.
Clovers provides flexibility in how you can access their services. You can opt for individual one-way or live video interviews, or bundle them together. Their one-way interviews include unlimited jobs, intro/outro videos, replay, playback speed controls, and transcriptions. The live interview bundle comes with a searchable candidate database, blinded evaluator ratings, and analytics for interviewer coaching.
For structured hiring, Clovers provides 1,000 I/O-certified role-based questions and collaborative features like ratings, in-line tagging, plus AI note-taking for a streamlined assessment process.
This platform doesn't leave you hanging when it comes to support. They offer various means of assistance, including Slack, chat, email, and phone support, along with dedicated training. Clovers also ensures candidates are well-supported with a mobile-optimized interface and various help options, including a support page, rehearsal, chatbot, and online guides.
However, it's a bummer that candidates need to sign up to access the support page. Additionally, the interview interface lacks information on allowed response takes per question and doesn't support candidate feedback options post-interview.
As recruiters who craft one-way video interviews, you may find the lack of question types limiting, as Clovers only supports video, audio, and text questions. They neither offer free trials nor a native scheduling tool, and Structured Interview Guides are available as a separate purchase. While the platform is compatible with Zoom and Microsoft Teams, there is currently no support for Google Meet.
Thanks to their flexible pricing structures, Clovers have served organizations, big and small. Notable names include Afni, Comparably, Community Choice Credit Union, Raytheon, and Walgreens.
Clovers pricing starts at $5,000 with an annual subscription requirement. They offer five products that can be purchased individually or bundled: Job Description Optimization, Resume Redaction Review, Structured Interview Guides, One-way Video Interview Screen, and Live Video Interview Intelligence. They also have a custom plan for enterprises named Clovers Enterprise Plus.
Clovers is best for midsized organizations and enterprises in the U.S., Canada, and Europe, looking to enhance DEI hiring strategies and/or improve visibility and structure in their recruitment process.
Avature is an enterprise-grade video interviewing platform that allows you to conduct both live and on-demand video interviews. It also facilitates interview scheduling, be it for 1:1, group, or panel video interviews, and a CRM for recruitment teams to amp up candidate engagement and plan for future hiring.
- Avature has a full-fledged ATS with built-in live and one-way video interviewing, offer management, and onboarding solutions.
- Ability to customize workflows for both recruiters and candidates.
- Built-in CRM lets recruiters amp up candidate engagement and plan for future hiring.
- Leverages AI with features of automated talent matching and candidate ranking.
- Recruiter mobile app allows key stakeholders to perform several recruiting tasks while on the go. The app also supports offline use and syncs with the system the next time it’s connected to the Internet.
- ISO, SOC 1, and SOC 2 certified, HIPAA, OFCCP, and GDPR compliant.
- Avature’s solution is quite comprehensive. They have a full-fledged ATS with built-in video interviewing, offer management and onboarding solutions. They also have a CRM, allowing TA teams to amp up candidate engagement and plan for future hiring.
- Avature leverages artificial intelligence with features of automatic talent matching and candidate ranking.
- Avature comes with a recruiter mobile app that allows key stakeholders to perform several recruiting tasks while on the go. The app also supports offline use, and syncs with the system the next time it’s connected to the Internet.
- Undisclosed pricing. Doesn’t offer a free trial or free plan.
- Doesn’t provide a platform for users to request new features and keep up to date on product changes.
- UI isn’t intuitive and takes some time to get used to.
- Lacks autonomy for users to self-manage the restrictions on access granted to specific actions within the system.
- Avature’s pricing is not readily available on their website. They also do not offer a free trial.
- Several users noted that the UI isn’t intuitive and takes some time to get used to.
- Avature’s assessment feature is quite basic and isn’t built out enough compared to point solutions in that space. So if you want to test the skills and cultural fitness of candidates, you’d need a third-party solution.
- Avature doesn’t have an automated reference checking feature built-in. The platform does integrate with third-party solutions that facilitate reference checking, but you’ll have to purchase those solutions too separately.
Known for its customizable ATS and CRM, Avature has established itself as a top choice for enterprises and staffing agencies. Recently, it has introduced a video interview platform to meet the demands of remote hiring. It seamlessly integrates with Avature's suite or can be used as a standalone option for video interviewing.
What sets Avature apart is its built-in, form-based questions that enable managers to filter candidates based on their answers. You can easily review and share recordings with other team members to gather quick feedback. Avature also leverages AI with features like automatic talent matching and candidate ranking, helping you streamline the screening process.
Another thing we really like about Avature is its language support. It supports English, German, French, Spanish, and Mandarin, making it accessible to a diverse pool of candidates. With Avature, you can screen candidates through live or asynchronous video interviews, allowing them to submit recordings for later evaluations.
The recruiter mobile app is another highlight. You can perform recruiting tasks on the go, even offline. And when you're back online, it automatically syncs with the system, keeping you productive.
However, Avature doesn't disclose pricing upfront, and there's no free trial available. The user interface may take some time to get used to, and managing access restrictions has some limitations. Although not a major drawback, having a dedicated channel for user feature requests and product updates would be a valuable addition to the platform.
650+ companies, including Shell, Cisco, L'Oréal, Mondelez, and KPMG.
Avature has custom pricing. Contact an Avature sales representative to get a custom price quote.
Avature is perfect for large enterprises and staffing agencies seeking sophisticated recruiting software. With two video interview options and multilingual support, it's well-suited for high-volume and global hiring needs.
Applicant tracking and onboarding.
- All in one and easy-to-use ATS
- Seamless integration with other platforms.
- Great customer service.
When I worked for EY, we used it along with Taleo. Avature functioned well as a candidate repository and applicant tracking tool. Personally, the UI could be better (it took too many steps to complete a simple task).
- The UI makes it hard to navigate menu items. It takes too long to complete a simple onboarding.
- The system went down a lot causing delays and disruptions in workflow.
- Avature’s service offerings didn’t wow me like a Workday or SAP SuccessFactors
I didn’t notice much of a difference. The one thing that I really liked was it integrated with Taleo which EY used for onboarding candidates
- Functionality: can it be customized to optimize your workflow?
- Cost-effectiveness: is it worth all the additional bells and whistles?
Avature fits both an everyday recruiter/HR professional and its platform can be utilized by any sized business.
A mom-and-pop shop wouldn’t benefit from Avature.
HireVue is among the best video interviewing software for large enterprises that have frequent hiring needs thanks to its AI-powered on-demand interviews — a feature that helps recruiters get the initial screening done much faster.
- HireVue’s virtual assistant can do an initial screen of candidates on its own, leave messages for them, and get responses in return.
- Built-in automated interview builder tools provide structured interview questions, templates, and evaluation guides for consistent and faster hiring.
- Boasts interview assessments (live and pre-recorded), game-based assessments, technical assessments, and scheduling.
- Responsive implementation team and customer support.
- ISO/IEC 270012013 and SOC 2 Type 2 certified, UGESP, EEOC, ADEA, ADA, GDPR compliant.
- HireVue is very useful when it comes to screening a large number of job candidates in a short frame of time. Its virtual assistant can do an initial screen of applicants on its own, leave messages for them, and get responses in return. All of this frees up recruiters’ time.
- It has a great on-demand interviewing feature. Recruiters can sit and watch candidates’ interviews as per their convenience. The ability to change the speed of the interview while watching can also help recruiters save time.
- Their implementation team and customer support is extremely responsive or in the words of a Global Talent Attraction Director, “I love the support, tenacity and just constant desire to do the right thing. They take the time to understand our business and I never feel like it is a ‘catch and release’ relationship that is so common in this space”
- Products are built for teams with at least 2,500 employees. Not a good fit for smaller teams.
- No free trial or free version.
- Limited integration options (12 ATSs).
- HireVue’s asynchronous interview feature may allow applicants to adjust responses to fit the job criteria, but it wouldn’t screen such candidates out, meaning you may need human intervention to pick up on visual cues and body language.
- HireVue is not very affordable compared to its alternatives, especially when you factor in the functionality. Their pricing plans are geared towards companies with at least 2500 employees and even then, you only get a small set of features.
- HireVue does not have a lot of integration partners and the range of software it integrates with is also very limited (mostly ATS).
- Too much automation can at times lead to unwanted candidates. For instance, the asynchronous interview feature can allow candidates to adjust their responses in order to fit the job criteria. However, HireVue wouldn’t screen such candidates out and your company may need human intervention to pick up on visual cues and body language.
When it comes to affordability, we must admit that HireVue may not be the most budget-friendly option. However, in serving large enterprises, it excels at automating workflows and simplifying mass hiring processes. One aspect that truly impresses us is the comprehensive suite of tools it offers, from video interviewing to assessments, scheduling, and conversational AI.
Among these tools, the video interview software stands out for several reasons. It allows for both live and asynchronous interviews, and these both provide a mobile-friendly experience.
Another highlight is HireVue's extensive product guide, which includes over a thousand job-specific interview guides crafted by organizational psychologists. Creating the first interviews, thus, is much easier, and users even have access to HireVue's team of psychologists for assistance in shortlisting qualified candidates.
We should also mention the virtual hiring assistant offered. This conversational AI is capable of addressing candidates' questions and guiding them through the hiring process via text. It handles scheduling, manages hiring events, and helps job seekers find suitable positions. However, compared to other conversational AIs in the market, HireVue's AI assistant could benefit from more human-like interactions. While it presents itself as a virtual assistant, some candidates may find the lack of a human touch discouraging when engaging with the tool.
Amazon, Unilever, Vodafone, Beacon Health System, SmartLynx Airlines.
HireVue has two pricing plans:
- Essential: starts at $35,000 per month for a company with 2,500-7,500 employees and includes live and on-demand interviewing features, custom branding, and single language configuration.
- Enterprise: custom pricing for companies with over 7,500 employees. In addition to all the features of the Essentials plan, this plan comes with scheduling, a chatbot, pre-built ATS integrations, and analytics, among others.
HireVue is best for large enterprises that frequently have hiring needs, as the video interviewing platform can be particularly helpful in the early rounds of interviews, where there’s a need for screening a large number of candidates within a short period.
interviewstream has both live and on-demand interviews, customizable branding, AI question suggestions, and multilingual support. You can give candidates a second chance to re-attempt specific questions and invite internal and external raters to assess interviews while feeling reassured candidates get well-prepared with pre-interview tests and recording practices.
- Option to grant candidates the opportunity to reattempt specific questions in an on-demand interview.
- Accessibility of interviews to evaluators internally and externally.
- Branded tools for customization. Personalizable video interview format with automated interview schedule email templates and SMS text capabilities.
- Library of 1,500 interview questions with advanced tagging and sorting.
- AI tools suggest relevant questions, job descriptions, and invitation email templates.
- Pre-interview hardware test and practice recording section for candidates.
- Support available through articles, courses, phone, tickets, and assigned account managers.
- Language support for English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, and Spanish.
- 2FA, ISO 27002, and SOC2 Type 2 certified and GDPR compliant.
- Lack of information about offerings and absence of free trial or free version.
- Customer service could be more proactive.
- Calendar needs frequent refreshing for real-time scheduling.
- Mobile app for iOS hasn’t been updated since 2021 and still uses the old brand name (RIVS), while the Android app receives poor ratings for log-in issues and bugs.
- Limited to 8 ATS integrations or an OpenAPI option.
- Screen sharing in live interviews requires a plugin download.
interviewstream offers both on-demand and live interviews, and the former is particularly popular for education purposes. Educators can use it to help students excel in job interviews and soft skills and seek feedback. However, what truly caught our attention was the option to let candidates reattempt specific questions — something not commonly found on other video interview platforms.
The live video interviewing feature isn’t bad at all. It provides intuitive options such as sharing interviews with multiple stakeholders, commenting on videos, and rating candidates. The only downside is that sharing the screen requires a plugin download, which can be a bit of a hassle.
For employers, interviewstream offers 1,500 interview questions and evaluation guides, plus AI tools to suggest how to help hiring managers stay productive. Branding features are also well taken care of, with options to customize logos, font, and page color, to name a few.
Candidates are not left behind, as interviewstream offers support via a pre-interview hardware test to ensure tech readiness. Moreover, the platform includes a practice recording section that guides candidates through the interview process.
Unfortunately, interviewstream falls short in integration capabilities (8 native ATS integrations). We also don’t like that interviewees need to download a mobile app to take interviews on phones. Not to mention, the app has received mixed reviews: The iOS app hasn't been updated since 2021 and still carries the old brand name (RIVS) while the Android app suffers from frequent login issues and bugs.
900+ organizations, including Harford County Public Schools, East Baton Rouge Schools, and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Interviewstream pricing isn’t disclosed. You need to contact their sales team for more details.
Interviewstream is best for medium and large-size companies and organizations in education, manufacturing, and retail.
Recright is a user-friendly tool that can handle live and pre-recorded video interviews. Plus, it has an applicant tracking system that complements the video interviewing product. Multi-branch and global enterprises looking to house video interviews, scheduling, and ATS will make the most out of it.
- Recright is user-friendly for both recruiters and candidates.
- Multiple user access for sharing video information with team members.
- Transparent pricing with a 14-day free trial available.
- Customizable visual elements include adjustable interviews layout, job positions, career pages, fonts, and colors.
- Candidates can rate their video interview experience with feedback pulse enabled.
- Great customer support.
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified, WCAG and GDPR compliant.
- Native ATS. Can integrate with 18 ATSs and is open to adding more.
- Built-in test to ensure candidates’ network connection and hardware work properly.
- Supports 26 languages for candidates and 10+ languages for recruiters.
- Recright video interviewing tool is easy to use for both recruiters and candidates.
- Helps recruiters save time and enhance the recruiting process by recording questions one time and sharing them with candidates instead of meeting all candidates one-on-one.
- Provides information on which candidates make sense to meet for a personal interview.
- Ability to have multiple users, allowing recruiters to share video information with hiring managers and other team members.
- Transparent pricing structure. A 14-day free trial is also available.
- Great customer support.
- Occasional technical issues, but typically resolved quickly by the support team.
- No pause button in the video recorder.
- Unable to resend invitations to non-responsive candidates.
- Additional cost for branding features, live video interviews, scheduler, and integrations.
- Limited customization options for message forms.
- Changing email addresses require creating a new username without automatic transfer of previous job ads/interviews.
- Some technical issues have been reported, but they are typically resolved quickly by the support team.
- No pause button in the Recright video recorder.
- Not possible to resend an invitation to candidates who have not opened or answered the first invitation.
- Live video interviewing and interview scheduling are offered as add-ons.
- Message forms when sending invites to candidates are not very customizable.
- Third-party and ATS integrations cost extra. The integration with Visma is not working as fluently as it should.
Our first impression of Recright was that the tool was super easy to navigate through. It’s straightforward to customize visual elements, such as interview layouts and career pages. The platform also features a built-in test to verify candidates' network connection and hardware compatibility. Loved the feedback feature, enabling candidates to provide input after their interviews. Recright's multilingual support for candidates in 26 languages and recruiters in over 10 languages is another nice touch.
However, we were expecting to have a pause button on the tool’s video recorder. This would be helpful because, as interviewers, we may need to take a moment to think when asking candidates questions. We’d also like to be able to resend invitations to candidates who have not answered the first invitation. As Recright currently doesn’t support that, following up with potential candidates can be challenging. Talking of candidate invites, it’d also be great to have more customization options there to make the messages sent unique. For now, there’s no text formats, styles, or variables that can be used when we craft emails to send to interviewees.
Recright offers native ATS integration and supports 18 other ATSs, but live video interviewing, the scheduler, and even branding options and integrations cost extra. Lastly, a heads up if you need to change accounts’ email addresses: this requires creating a new username, and there is no automatic way to transfer previous job ads and interviews from the old account to the new one.
500+ companies, including Uber, Netflix, Volvo, ABB, and KPMG.
Recright offers four pricing plans after the free trial:
- Easy Plan: Starts at $289/month for teams with 10-20 positions per year.
- Pro Plan: Starts at $519/month for teams with 30-50 positions per year.
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing for teams with over 60 positions per year.
- Single Hire: $759 per video recruitment, including a job ad and a video interview, valid for 60 days.
- Additional features like Live Video interviews, Timed Interviews, Interviews Scheduling, and Custom integrations are available at 39.75€/month/feature.
Recright works best for enterprises having multiple branches or agencies to streamline their high-volume hiring without having to work with different vendors for scheduling, video interviewing, and ATS.
While Harver is known better for its assessment product, the platform also delivers a robust video interviewing solution. It offers both one-way and two-way interviews, accompanied by automated scheduling and sharing tools, streamlining both works for both recruiters and candidates.
- Harver combines video interviews with customizable assessments for more comprehensive candidate evaluations.
- Users can gather applicant feedback and extend deadlines, while rating, commenting, and thumbs-upping candidates' videos.
- Includes a built-in reference checking tool with quick turnaround time.
- 30+ ATS integrations, built-in scheduling tool.
- Pre-interview test link to configure candidates' equipment.
- Auto-share feature allows for automatic sharing of candidate interviews with designated evaluators.
- Responsive customer support.
- Supports 11 languages.
- 2FA supported, ISO 27001 and SOC 2 Type 2 certified, GDPR and CCPA compliant.
- Users like the variety of customizable assessments Harver offers, and the ability to test a range of skills, aptitudes, and personality traits.
- The automated candidate matching provides you with qualified candidates that match your specifications.
- Most users we’ve chatted with appreciate that Harver has a built-in reference checking tool with a relatively quick turn-around time.
- The platform comes with a mobile app that lets you search for and view candidate profiles, invite candidates to apply, review their test scores, and more on the go.
- Initial learning curve, especially for users new to recruitment technology.
- Mobile access requires app downloads, which are poorly rated for issues related to interview submission and launch.
- Pricing lacks transparency.
- No free trials available.
- A few users find the platform challenging to learn initially, especially those new to recruitment technology.
- Several users reported the candidate reports are lacking in content and are often delivered late
- Pricing isn’t transparent, meaning you’ll need to speak to the sales team to find out how much the platform will cost you.
- There aren’t any free trials at this time.
What sets Harver apart is its combination of video interviews with customizable assessments, allowing for comprehensive candidate evaluations. The built-in scheduling tool keeps things running smoothly, and the pre-interview test link ensures candidates' tech is set up right. Plus, they've got nifty features like gathering applicant feedback and giving recruiters the power to extend video submission deadlines.
Regarding interview assessments, Harver’s auto-share feature enables the automatic sharing of candidate interviews with designated evaluators, who can rate, comment, and thumbs-up videos. The platform also sends reminders to evaluators, ensuring they don’t forget their duties. With evaluation results based on consistent criteria and automated aggregation, comparing candidates and making data-driven hiring decisions becomes much more straightforward.
Harver boasts over 30+ native ATS integrations. And when users need a little help, customer support is on the ball.
However, we noticed there's a little snag related to mobile access. Interviewees are required to download an app, which can be a real pain in the neck. Some users have reported occasional issues with the app's interview submission and launch processes.
Harver also doesn’t have the best user-friendl UI, as users new to recruitment technology may encounter some learning curves. And unfortunately, the platform just says no to free trials and disclosed pricing.
1,300+ companies, including NexRep, Arvato, and HEMA.
Harver has custom pricing. You need to contact a sales representative for a quote.
Harver is the top choice for medium and large-sized companies aiming to accelerate candidate reference checking, assessments, and interviews for a faster hiring process.