We spend hundreds of hours researching the best HR and recruiting software so you don’t have to. We never take money from vendors during our research phase and rely heavily on practitioners and experts to help us recommend the right software. However we may earn a small fee if you click on vendor links on this page.
JazzHR is laser-focused on the unique recruitment needs of small and medium-sized businesses. Their solution can not only help SMBs source, track and manage candidates, but also boost their employer brand.
Ease of Use
- JazzHR is quite affordable and doesn’t place any limits on the number of users added. It also offers free, 21-day trials that anyone can sign up for.
- JazzHR has built-in features for offer management. You can choose from existing offer letter templates or create your own and share them with successful candidates
- You can automate triggers for candidates to be automatically notified via email when their application has moved a stage further in the hiring process. Several other email responses can be automated.
- Some users reported a learning curve with JazzHR's UI and that it took them some time to get used to it
- For a product geared towards SMBs, it lacks a free plan. We mention this as a con since other SMB-geared recruiting products do offer free-forever versions, which puts JazzHR slightly behind the competition.
- Several users have mentioned that the reporting feature is difficult to use with very little room for report customizations.
- JazzHR currently lacks a mobile app, and the browser version isn’t well-optimized for mobile use.
JazzHR is a cloud-based recruiting solution that’s specifically built for small and medium-sized businesses. Through it, you can build custom-branded career pages, post jobs to multiple free and paid job boards, and share those posted jobs on various social media sites for maximum reach.
Once candidates apply for your posted jobs, JazzHR enables you to track how far they have progressed through your hiring process through customizable recruiting stages and workflows. You can also communicate with candidates who applied for your posted jobs without leaving JazzHR. Not to mention, several email responses, such as interview scheduling requests and progress notifications, can be automated so you’re able to spend your time on more important tasks.
We like that JazzHR has pre-integrated offer management features. You can choose from several existing offer letter templates, or customize one yourself and share it with successful candidates. You can also collect e-signatures without needing to integrate JazzHR with third-party tools.
We do, however, have to dock a few points from JazzHR for lacking a mobile app. While some features of JazzHR such as candidate quick screen and interview guides have been optimized for mobile browser access, it’s rather a hassle for hiring managers to get to those features on mobile browsers vs on a dedicated mobile app. And as companies are increasingly seeking mobile-first recruiting strategies to save time and reach candidates where they are, having a mobile app to your recruiting software becomes a necessity, not an accessory.
Overall, we think that several SMBs can find value in JazzHR’s offering. If you’re looking for an affordable recruiting solution with features for candidate sourcing, applicant tracking, and offer management (and you can get past the lack of a mobile app), then JazzHR is definitely worth checking out.
JazzHR is specifically built for SMBs. It isn’t suited for large companies and enterprises' frequent and complex hiring needs.
JazzHR is used by over 6,500 businesses including the Seattle Seahawks, L'Occitane En Provence, TED Conferences LLC, and Chick-fil-A.
- Employer branding: Customize your careers page, share your open roles on various social media channels, and auto-send personalized emails to candidates.
- Candidate sourcing: Post jobs to multiple free & paid job boards with a single click and create referral programs to receive candidate recommendations from your existing employees.
- Applicant tracking: Track how far candidates have progressed through your hiring process with customizable recruiting stages and workflows, share candidate progress with other team members, and set up triggers to automatically notify candidates via email once their applications have moved to another stage.
- Offers and e-signatures: Generate personalized offer letters with pre-populated templates and automate e-signature requests.
- Candidate Scorecard: This is a rating system that lets you give an assessment of each candidate. It can be based on scorecards that you can tailor to each job. As a team, it makes collaboration easier since all feedback is presented in one place through an aggregate team score.
JazzHR also provides tools for:
- Interview scheduling
- Collaborative hiring
JazzHR integrates with dozens of third-party business solutions including BambooHR, Gusto, Criteria, Bob, Checkr, Job Target, Verified First, Out Sail, and more.
JazzHR has three plans. When billed annually, they cost as follows:
- Hero: $49 per month for unlimited users and 3 open jobs.
- Plus: $239 per month for unlimited users, unlimited open jobs, ATS, interviews, and assessments.
- Pro: $359 per month for everything from Plus, along with offers and e-signatures, reporting, and all-access support.
JazzHR is specifically built for teams at organizations with 5 to 500 employees, regardless of industry or recruiting maturity.
Implementing JazzHR is completely free of charge. The platform can also be trialed for free for up to 21 days. Upon signing up, customers receive full access to the Training Portal, and the option to book two one-hour free implementation calls. For further guidance, we recommend checking out JazzHR’s Getting Started guide, available on their help center.
JazzHR has a help center with plenty of resources that are accessible 24/7. If customers need further help, they can reach out to JazzHR's support team by submitting a support request. Chat and phone support options are also available between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm Eastern Monday through Friday.
JazzHR was established in 2009 with the goal of putting powerful, yet easy-to-use and affordable recruiting software in the hands of small businesses, startups, and growing companies. With capabilities for candidate sourcing, employer branding, collaborative hiring, offers, e-signatures, and more, JazzHR has this far helped over 350k HR professionals source over 75 million qualified candidates.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Number of Employees
JazzHR has raised a total of $24.6M over 7 funding rounds.
What is JazzHR used for?
JazzHR is used by small and medium-sized businesses to attract, manage and hire applicants.
Is JazzHR an HRIS?
JazzHR is a product that supports recruiting needs such as candidate sourcing and applicant tracking. It doesn’t yet function as a Human Resources Information System (HRIS), as such tools often cover more functions such as employee onboarding/offboarding, time-off management, and at times, even payroll and benefits administration. That said, JazzHR does integrate with HRISs.
Is JazzHR cloud-based?
Yes, JazzHR is cloud-based, meaning you do not need to install it on your pc or host data on your own servers.