Greenhouse Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Not only is Greenhouse a feature-rich recruiting solution, but you can also further extend its capabilities with over 300 pre-built integrations.
- Greenhouse has a comprehensive onboarding module that enables companies to smoothly transition successful candidates into employees without needing to integrate third-party solutions.
- Greenhouse’s offering comes with a mobile app that enables you to review applications, check interview kits, see candidate profiles, complete scorecards, manage offers and more.
- You can further extend the capability of Greenhouse with over 360 third-party integrations with solutions for HR, sourcing, recruitment, productivity, and more.
- Greenhouse’s pricing is not readily available on their website. They also do not offer a free trial.
- According to several users, Greenhouse’s reporting feature isn’t advanced enough, is limited in terms of customizations, and can be difficult to navigate.
- While Greenhouse offers an extensive knowledge base for self-service, their in-person support could be improved. several users noted that the customer support team takes a long time to respond to their queries.
Greenhouse is one of the leading applicant tracking and recruiting software that’s ideal for medium and large-sized companies. It allows you to share jobs across hundreds of job boards, encourage your existing employees to refer suitable candidates through dedicated referral programs, customize applicant tracking pipelines, and improve your sourcing strategy with data-driven reports.
We like that Greenhouse takes diversity hiring into consideration with measures to reduce unconscious bias. You can set up reminders to be automatically displayed to your team at key points in the hiring process, reminding them to focus on a candidate's qualifications and nothing else. You can also require your team to provide explanations for the ratings they’ve submitted to promote transparency and fairness.
To see your hiring process through to the finish line, you can make use of Greenhouse’s onboarding module to customize and share offer letters with successful candidates, provide new hires with an organized hub of useful resources, familiarize them with your company’s culture, and introduce them to your team members.
In a nutshell, Greenhouse is a solid ATS that many companies can derive value from. It is robust, user-friendly, and covers almost everything you’d need from an ATS to find, organize and hire candidates.
If you’re a small company that doesn’t hire often and has a conservative budget, you wouldn’t really be getting much ROI with Greenhouse.
Greenhouse is used by over 4000 companies, including Squarespace, Wayfair, J.D. Power, InVision, and HubSpot.
- Candidate sourcing: Share job listings across 1,000+ large and niche job boards, capture prospects' contact information, create referral programs, customize applicant tracking pipelines, and optimize your sourcing strategy with data-driven reports.
- Candidate experience: Connect with applicants through interviews and career pages. Give candidates the flexibility to self-schedule interviews at a time that suits them and get their feedback on your hiring process through automated surveys.
- Onboarding: Customize and share offer letters with successful candidates, provide new hires with an organized hub of useful resources, familiarize them with your company’s culture, and introduce them to your team members.
Greenhouse also has features for:
- Collaborative hiring
- Reporting and analytics
- Tasks and alerts
- Mobile app
- Diversity hiring tools
Greenhouse has three plans:
- Essential: Core features and one event.
- Advanced: Everything from Essential, plus custom reporting, scalable workflows, and 10 events.
- Expert: Everything from Advanced, plus upgraded CRM, enhanced security, developer sandbox, DEI feature set, and unlimited events.
The pricing of the above plans isn't disclosed upfront. Contact a Greenhouse sales representative to get a custom price quote based on the size and needs of your business.
Greenhouse was founded in 2012 by Daniel Chait. Chait had previously founded a banking software startup, Lab49, and while managing it, he experienced first-hand the challenges of recruiting and realized the need for software to streamline it. After he sold his stake in Lab49 in 2011, he decided to focus his next business venture on recruiting tech, and Greenhouse was born.
Today, Greenhouse supports over 6,500 customers and has expanded beyond their New York HQ to have offices in San Francisco, Denver, and Dublin. The company has also won several awards over the last few years, including Inc. Magazine Best Workplace (2018 – 2022) and Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work, Forbes Cloud 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000, Crain's Best Places to Work NYC, and Mogul’s Top 100 Workplaces for Diverse Representation (2022).