We spend hundreds of hours researching the best HR and recruiting software so you don’t have to. We never take money from vendors during our research phase and rely heavily on practitioners and experts to help us recommend the right software. However we may earn a small fee if you click on vendor links on this page.
Lever packs the capabilities of both an ATS and a CRM into a single, enterprise-grade recruiting solution while allowing teams to efficiently source new candidates, nurture relationships, report with custom and out of the box visual analytics, and eliminate hiring bias throughout the hiring journey.
Ease of Use
- According to most users, Lever's UI is very intuitive and easy to learn.
- Lever combines the capabilities of an ATS and a CRM into a single platform that not only supports your current hiring needs but allows you to actively engage and nurture prospective qualified candidates for future roles.
- Lever takes diversity hiring into consideration with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) surveys that help you collect diversity data from applicants, sourced candidates, and referrals regardless of whether they applied to an open position or not.
- Lever provides role-based visual analytics with over 20 key TA metrics in its basic TRM package.
- Lever doesn't disclose their pricing on their website. Interested users are also not able to create trial accounts on their own.
- The platform doesn’t have features for background or reference checking but they do integrate with third-party solutions that specialize in those checks.
- Lever currently lacks a mobile app, but the platform is optimized for mobile use.
Lever is one of the leading recruiting software, ideal for medium to large-sized companies. It combines a comprehensive applicant tracking system as well as a candidate relationship management system into a single, enterprise-ready platform. It features a UI that’s easy to navigate, and customizable workflows that you can tweak according to your company’s hiring needs.
It allows you to source candidates from multiple channels, including from within your company, and connect with them through configurable career sites, job post advertising, and automated multi-touch email campaigns.
Once candidates are in, you can keep track of them through your searchable talent database and custom pipelines.
You can make use of Lever’s automatic candidate screening feature to automatically disqualify candidates or advance them through your hiring process based on answers they’ve provided. You can also screen candidates through structured or live video interviewing with Lever’s Zoom integration. The scheduling part can be automated by allowing candidates to choose their own interview time slots, and booked slots are updated in real-time for all of your team members to plan accordingly.
When it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), Lever walks the talk. Besides helping other companies amp up their DEI hiring efforts with features such as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) surveys, dedicated DEI dashboards with detailed analytics by ethnicity, race, and gender, and third-party integrations with DEI tools, 49% of Lever’s own team is made of up of minorities, with a maintained balance between genders.
If you’re a large business or enterprise that does frequent or high-volume hiring and is looking to improve on the DEI front, Lever is worth checking out.
Lever isn’t the best fit for small businesses with infrequent hiring needs and tight budgets. It doesn’t offer a free plan or self-created free trials at this time.
Lever is used by over 5,000 companies, including Netflix, Spotify, KPMG, Atlassian, Canva, and Veeva.
- Applicant tracking: Configurable career sites, customizable hiring workflows, job post advertising, automatic candidate screening/disqualification, employee referrals, internal mobility programs, interview planning, candidate self-scheduling, structured interviews, and zoom integration for live video interviewing.
- Candidate relationship management: multi-channel lead sourcing, dedicated sourcing pipeline, automated multi-touch nurture email campaigns, searchable talent database, and intelligent recommendations to rediscover talent.
- Talent Analytics: With Visual insights’ out of the box and custom reports, data explorer, data warehouse sync, and advanced analytics, Lever eliminates the need for 3rd party solutions, spreadsheets, and data migration. Designed for recruiters, hiring managers, and finance teams - Set goals, track progress, schedule, download, and save.
Lever also has features for:
- Diversity hiring tools
- Offer management and approval workflows
- Collaborative hiring
- Automation workflows
Lever integrates with hundreds of third-party solutions including Slack, Zoom, LinkedIn, and SAP. Check out Levers integration marketplace for the full list of products they integrate with.
Lever offers two plans with four additional add-ons"
- LeverTRM for Enterprise - Everything in TRM, plus additional integrations, advanced add-ons, and custom reporting
- Advanced Automation *Included in LeverTRM for Enterprise
- Advanced HR *Included in LeverTRM for Enterprise
- Advanced Analytics
- Advanced Nurture
The pricing of Lever's plans isn't disclosed upfront. Contact a sales rep to get a custom quote based on the size and needs of your business
While companies of all sizes can, and do, find benefit in Lever’s offering, the majority of their customers are medium-large sized companies.
Lever offers four implementation packages; Self-guided, Essential, Standard, and Premium. Each implementation package covers a collection of services performed by Lever’s team to assess a customer’s requirements, outline configuration activities, support the setup of Lever’s products, process legacy ATS data, conduct product training, provide expert advice, and prepare for product launch.
Lever has a help center with plenty of resources that are accessible 24/7. If customers need further help, they can reach out to Lever's support team by submitting a support request.
Founded in 2012, Lever started out as an incubator company within Twitter, with Nate Smith, Sarah Nahm, and Randy Truong at the helm. The three of them had one main goal: to connect human potential to meaningful work. To achieve this end, they’ve worked on building a comprehensive recruiting solution, packing the capabilities of an applicant tracking system (ATS) and a candidate relationship management system (CRM) into a single, enterprise-ready platform.
Lever has gained customer adoption and made a name for themselves in the HR tech space in a relatively short period of time. Today, Lever is used by over 5000 companies including big brands such as Netflix and Spotify, boasts several awards, and prides themselves on a 50:50 employee gender ratio in their offices.
San Francisco, California, United States
Number of Employees
As of November 2021, Lever has raised a total of $122.8M over 7 funding rounds.
Is Lever an ATS system?
Lever’s Talent Relationship Management (TRM) packs a full-fledged ATS that you can use to source, manage and hire suitable applicants.
What is the cost of Lever?
Lever doesn’t disclose their pricing upfront. Contact a sales rep to learn how much it would cost for your business size and needs.