Zoom's Remote Team Management Solution (Review) - 2022
Zoom a robust video conferencing solution that's used by millions of people worldwide. Anyone can access it for free on a browser, or via its desktop and mobile apps.
Zoom has become the go-to video conferencing solution. It started with sales, and now is ubiquitous for 1:1 meetings, small groups, and even large scale webinars. While not perfect, their video conferencing is still the best on the market and a key for remote teams that want to organize happy hours, coffee chats, or meetings from disparate locations.
Uber, Zendesk, Logitech, Veeva, Rakuten, Atlassian, Nasdaq, Western Union
- Zoom has sold more than 1 million Zoom Phone seats around the world.
- Zoom was named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for UCaaS, Worldwide.
- Rooms and workspaces
- Phone system
- Video webinars
- Meeting recording
- Mobile access
Zoom integrates with hundreds of 3rd party tools across several software categories including analytics, archiving, CRM, collaboration, customer service, education, event management, finance, healthcare, learning & development, lifestyle, marketing, monitoring, peopleOps, productivity, recordings, sales, scheduling, security & compliance, telehealth, and transcriptions.
Zoom has 5 plans:
- Basic: This plan is suited for personal meetings. Anyone can get this plan for free.
- Pro: This plan is suited for small teams and is priced at $149.90 per year per license.
- Business: This plan suits small & mid-sized businesses and is priced at $199.90 per year per license.
- Zoom United Business: This plan is for large businesses and is priced at $350 per year per license.
- Enterprise: As the name entails, this plan is designed for enterprises. The price of this plan varies according to the size and needs of the business.
You can start using Zoom by clicking the SIGN UP, IT'S FREE button at the top right-hand corner of their website. You may also go to their PLANS & PRICING page and purchase a plan if you're interested in their paid offerings. Once your account is created, you can begin configuring it and creating meetings. To access a Zoom meeting, invited participants can click the meeting link to launch Zoom's desktop app. If they don't have it installed, the link will prompt them to install it. Participants may also join a meeting from their mobile devices using Zoom's mobile app.
Zoom has a knowledge base with articles for customers to self-serve. Free plan customers can use Zoom's chatbot if further help is needed, while paid plan customers get more support options including chat, web case, and phone support.