Recruiting teams that use a best in class recruiting CRM can save time, money, and get the best talent in the door. Companies are not just sourcing talent anymore — instead, they’re using marketing tactics to build relationships with candidates, grow talent pipelines, and meet their hiring goals faster. It’s no surprise that recruitment marketing software has become a must-have for many hiring teams.
Why? These days, candidates have more control over the job process, deciding which companies and roles interest them the most. So when the market is more candidate-driven than ever, you have to work extra hard to find — and convince — top talent to work for your company. You’re now a recruiter and a marketer with a five-step hiring funnel that includes finding, attracting, engaging, nurturing and converting high quality candidates.
Recruitment marketing software is designed to help you move candidates more efficiently through each step of this funnel so you can create awareness and drive conversions. By focusing your recruiting efforts on candidates that have already expressed interest, you can hire in less time and for less money. But which platform is right for your company?
To help you make the right investment, we put together this guide on all things recruitment marketing software. You’ll find a list of the top software platforms, pricing guidelines, questions to ask on demos and more.
Best Recruiting CRM Software
To create this list of the best recruiting CRM systems, we attended demos with dozens of vendors, tried these tools ourselves, and had insightful conversations with industry experts. Based on our thorough analysis, we think the features on which the best recruiting CRMs must excel are activity tracking, profile management, automation, and measurement.
- Activity Tracking: Like a diligent detective, we hunted for recruiting CRMs that could track every move—emails exchanged, phone calls made, interview notes taken. With these insights, you'll be armed with a complete history to tailor your follow-ups, build stronger connections, and leave candidates feeling like they're your top priority.
- Candidate Profile Management: We didn't settle for just any old system that claims to manage candidate profiles. We picked ones that make accessing contact info, resumes, application history, and interview feedback easy.
- Automation: A compelling follow-up won’t bring good candidates your way unless it comes at the right time. That's why we gave extra points to recruiting CRMs with robust automation features. Automated email workflows, reminders, and actions triggered by specific criteria will help you gain the favor of the candidates over other employers. Who wouldn’t like receiving personalized messages, being updated promptly on the status of their applications, and getting clear and timely feedback?
- Measurement: Measuring the impact of a recruiting CRM is vital, which is why we only chose CRM platforms that provide robust tools and metrics for tracking and evaluating your recruitment performance. From candidate sources to time-to-hire and candidate engagement, you'll have the data to fine-tune your strategies and keep improving.
Curious to know more about our HR software evaluation process? Check out this article for all the insider details.
SmartDreamers is like a one-stop shop for your recruitment marketing needs. They've got multi-channel job ads, career site building, automated campaigns, and several other features designed to supercharge your hiring efforts.
SmartDreamers is an end-to-end recruitment marketing automation platform with a UI that’s very user-friendly. Fast-growing companies as well as enterprises can use it to launch powerful campaigns that enhance their employer branding, all while attracting quality job seekers.
AdsWizz, Renault, Genpact, UiPath
There are three pricing plans
- Essential features social media ads, analytics, landing and career pages, ATS integration, and a detailed Academy.
- Professional adds job board automation, advanced analytics, Google Analytics integration, A/B testing, custom forms, and multiple teams.
- Enterprise adds niche website automation, ATS reports integration, custom reporting, CV import automation, custom career pages, and a dedicated account team.
SmartDreamers is best suited for fast-growing companies and enterprises to scale recruitment marketing globally.
Manatal offers a budget-friendly ATS with CRM capabilities that simplify the recruitment process. Its affordability, user-friendly interface, mass email campaigns, and customizable features make it a recommended choice for HR professionals at SMBs.
- Manatal is quite affordable and offers a 14-day free trial for users to test it out before making commitments.
- Manatal is user-friendly. It features drag-and-drop-enabled pipelines for candidate organizations.
- Ability to send mass email campaigns.
- The referral program allows career page visitors to refer candidates.
- Careers page is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Bahasa Indonesia, and Thai.
- Careers pages with customizable company’s displayed name, logo, career page URL and description, and application forms.
- Manages and customizes automated post-referral emails and post-application emails.
- Manatal is quite affordable and offers a 15-day free trial for users to test it out before making commitments.
- Manatal is fairly easy to use. It features drag-and-drop enabled pipelines for candidate organization.
- Manatal’s AI-based recommendations feature can save hiring managers quite a bit of time. It’s able to scan job descriptions then search a users talent pool and bring up candidates most suited for the job.
- The AI recommendations feature works best with resumes that are in English and doesn’t work as accurately with other languages.
- No email scheduling feature. No mass email recipient selection option.
- Manatal doesn’t offer a free plan.
- API and custom integrations are accessible for custom plan customers only.
- The AI recommendations feature works best with resumes that are in English, and doesn’t work as accurately with other languages according to several users’ feedback. Several users have also complained about Manatal’s interface only being available in English and that career pages cannot be published in languages other than English and Spanish.
- Manatal doesn’t offer a free plan. We mention this as a con as several SMB-geared ATSs do offer a free-forever verison, and that puts Manatal slightly behind competition.
- Manatal doesn’t offer prebuilt integration modules. They do have an open API that allows users to plug in third-party products and custom tools, but that required a bit more time and technical knowledge to accomplish. It’s also worth mentioning that only Custom plan customers can access Manatal’s API and Zapier integration. Customers on the Professional and Enterprise plan cannot.
- Users can search for candidates via Boolean Search or Advanced Search, but cannot combine the two search methods together. E.g users cannot use the Boolean search operators (AND, OR and NOT) within Manatal’s Advanced Search tab.
Manatal offers a budget-friendly ATS with additional CRM capabilities, including email campaigns and revenue-tracking dashboards. During our evaluation, we discovered several noteworthy aspects that make it a valuable tool for HR professionals.
First is its affordability. With competitive pricing and a generous 14-day free trial, any team can easily explore Manatal. Navigating the software is simple, and we particularly appreciate the drag-and-drop-enabled pipelines, making organizing applicants easier.
The ability to conduct mass email campaigns directly within the platform is also a significant advantage. This feature enables efficient communication with a large number of candidates, saving valuable time for HR professionals. Plus, adding referral programs on the career page is easy so visitors can refer potential candidates, accelerating the talent search process.
Though in the recent past, Manatal’s careers page supported only English and Spanish, it is now available in several languages, including French, German, and Portuguese.
Users can also customize elements like the company’s name, logo, URL, and application forms, ensuring a consistent and branded experience for candidates. The software even has automated emails sent to referees and applicants after they refer candidates/apply.
Built-in email campaigns have a few limitations, such as no bulk recipient email selection, no pre-built email templates, and no email scheduling. Yet, the customization level is good, with multiple options for variables and formats. After the campaign is aired, Manatal will automatically track its overall performance and each email status.
Unilever, Coca-Cola, Panasonic, Ogilvy, Toyota.
Manatal has three plans, including two with fixed prices. The detailed costs are as follows (annual bill):
- Professional plan: $15/user/month for 15 jobs, 10,000 candidates, unlimited guests.
- Enterprise plan: $35/user/month for unlimited jobs, candidates, guests.
- Custom plan: Includes all Enterprise features, customization integrations, and support.
Manatal’s affordability, user-friendly interface, mass email campaigns, and customizable features make it a recommended choice for small and mid-sized businesses.
Eightfold does not exaggerate when it says it will assist with every step of your hiring. You get Equal Opportunity Algorithms to ensure unbiased candidate recommendations and AI features to pursue DE&I goals. They even have after-hire tools to help you retain and upskill your workforce.
- It uses AI to analyze job postings and find the best-fitting candidates.
- Ranks candidates based on skills, experience, and potential.
- Filters candidate searches by experience level or salary range.
- Encourages diversity hiring and eliminates hiring bias through anonymous screening.
- Provides tailored training and development opportunities based on skill sets and interests.
- Eightfold uses AI technology to analyze your job postings and find the best fitting candidates. It can also rank those candidates based on their skills, experience and potential.
- You can filter candidate searches by experience level or salary range so that you only see candidates that fit your hiring criteria.
- The platform encourages diversity hiring and enables you to eliminate hiring bias through anonymous screening, aka profile masking
- It improves overall employee experience by providing tailored training and development opportunities based on their skill sets and interests.
- It has a built-in CRM to store and manage HR data about potential candidates, current employees, and previous employees.
- No available feature to leave notes on candidate profiles.
- No mobile app for hiring managers and recruiters.
- Does not search for candidates outside its database.
- Pricing is not transparent and there is no free trial.
- There isn’t a way for hiring managers and recruiters to leave notes on candidates profiles within the system which is rather inconvenient.
- Eightfold has a mobile app that employees can access for skills development but doesn’t currently have one for hiring managers and recruiters to manage their pipeline and perform other actions relating to the hiring process.
- Several users reported that the tool does not search for candidates outside its database.
- The platform’s pricing isn’t transparent and there is no free trial at this time.
Eightfold presents itself as more than a typical recruiting CRM. Its Personalized Candidate Relationship Management tool stands out for enabling targeted campaigns to specific segments of the talent pool, which improves communication with the right candidates.
Powered by AI, the software evaluates your job postings and identifies top candidates based on their skills, experience, and potential. It also enables you to fine-tune searches according to candidates' experience levels or desired salary ranges.
Another interesting aspect is Eightfold's anonymous screening. This feature ensures unbiased candidate evaluation by concealing names, demographics, and personal information. This way, hiring decisions are solely based on candidates' skills and experience.
Beyond recruitment, Eightfold provides additional tools to enhance the overall employee experience. The platform can tailor training and development opportunities based on employees' skill sets and interests. Moreover, its mobile app allows easy access to training materials and progress tracking.
That said, Eightfold falls short in certain areas. Currently, you can’t leave notes on candidate profiles, and there is no employer app version available either. Additionally, several users wished to see the platform expand its search capabilities beyond its database.
Eightfold’s client list includes prominent enterprises like TATA Communications, LG, Vodafone, Bayer, Chevron, Morgan Stanley, and more.
Eightfold's pricing plans are not disclosed on its website. Contact their Sales team for a custom quote.
Eightfold is a good fit for organizations that hire more than 100 people annually.
Avature packs sourcing and advanced online marketing capabilities in a single solution, so that finding and engaging critical talent can be done easily and at scale.
- Comprehensive recruiting suite with ATS, CRM, video interviewing, offer management, and onboarding.
- AI-powered features for talent matching and candidate ranking.
- Mobile app for recruiters to stay productive on the go.
- Avature’s solution is quite comprehensive. They have a full-fledged ATS with built-in video interviewing, offer management and onboarding solutions. They also have a CRM, allowing TA teams to amp up candidate engagement and plan for future hiring.
- Avature leverages artificial intelligence with features of automatic talent matching and candidate ranking.
- Avature comes with a recruiter mobile app that allows key stakeholders to perform several recruiting tasks while on the go. The app also supports offline use, and syncs with the system the next time it’s connected to the Internet.
- Pricing is not transparent and there is no free trial.
- User interface is not very intuitive.
- Assessment feature is basic.
- No automated reference checking.
- Avature’s pricing is not readily available on their website. They also do not offer a free trial.
- Several users noted that the UI isn’t intuitive and takes some time to get used to.
- Avature’s assessment feature is quite basic and isn’t built out enough compared to point solutions in that space. So if you want to test the skills and cultural fitness of candidates, you’d need a third-party solution.
- Avature doesn’t have an automated reference checking feature built-in. The platform does integrate with third-party solutions that facilitate reference checking, but you’ll have to purchase those solutions too separately.
Avature is a powerful recruiting CRM with a lot to offer. The platform is used by large organizations such as KPMG, IBM, and Pepsi, and it is known for its ability to customize workflows for both recruiters and candidates.
One of the reasons why well-established companies trust Avature is their wealth of features. By combining ATS and CRM into one, Avature can cover numerous tasks, from video interviewing to offer management, onboarding, candidate engagement, and retention. It even includes features to plan for future hiring.
That said, there are a few drawbacks to Avature. Like almost any other enterprise-focus recruiting CRMs, Avature doesn’t publicize their pricing. They also do not offer a free trial. Considering the vast number of features the solution offers, you should also keep in mind that the platform's user interface is not the most intuitive. It’ll likely take a while to get used to.
Avature’s candidate assessment feature is quickly catching up to other players in the space but still lags slightly behind in terms of sophistication. Automated reference-checking is another element missing from the platform – users must use an integrated third-party service. And finally, while we’re at it, a mobile app for hiring managers would be nice too.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, Avature is also used by Cisco, L'Oréal, Mondelez, Siemens, Specsavers, and many more.
As with most enterprise-level solutions, pricing is not provided upfront by the vendor.
As you probably assumed from their stats, Avature is best-suited for organizations with more than 5000 employees.
TalentLyft offers an affordable and flexible pricing model based on your number of open positions. Unlike other recruitment CRMs, its career site editor allows you to create a complete website with multiple pages, a blog, and job ad pages.
- Affordable and transparent pricing model based on the number of open positions.
- Has a free trial. Discount program for early-stage startups.
- Customized onboarding process with hand-held guidance.
- Drag-and-drop career site editor.
- Integrations with many job boards.
- TalentLyft offers an affordable pricing model that is flexible depending on the number of open positions you want to have at a given time. Hence, you're not forced to pay for position space you don't need.
- They offer a customized hand-held onboarding process where the customer success team shows you how to use the tool, taking the necessary time to go through the features that matter most to your company.
- The career site editor has a drag-and-drop feature that allows you to build a custom site without prior coding experience.
- TalentLyft offers integrations to many job boards allowing you to post openings from one location.
- No support for video interviews.
- Technical glitches.
- Candidate replies go to recruiter email, not TalentLyft account.
- There is no support for video interviews and there are very few integrations allowing for it.
- Some users complain about technical glitches like certain applicants not receiving emails or search features not functioning optimally.
- Candidate replies go straight to the recruiters' email rather than their TalentLyft account. Some would find it preferable to have everything in one location.
TalentLyft is a powerful recruiting CRM that covers many essential recruitment tasks.
It's pretty straightforward to create new job vacancies. You can choose which fields are optional or required, request resumes and cover letters, and even add screening questions.
Another cool feature is the ability to automate workflows that set cascading triggers for each step of the recruitment process. Users can set up actions up front, then sit back and watch the candidates move through the hiring process.
The career site editor is a huge plus of the tool. Without any coding knowledge, you can design a career site using drag-and-drop editor and text fields. Even better, the editor lets you build a complete website with multiple pages, whereas most vendors offer only one.
Regarding pricing, TalentLyft’s is based on the number of open positions you need at any given time. This means you won't have to pay for more positions than you actually require. Furthermore, there’s personalized onboarding support to help you get started. They take the time to guide you through the features that matter most to your company, ensuring you make the most of the tool.
However, TalentLyft currently does not support video interviews, and some users have reported experiencing technical glitches, like lost emails and the search function not working optimally. Additionally, candidates' replies go straight to the recruiters' email instead of staying within the TalentLyft account, which may be a preference for some users who want everything in one place.
- Raiffeisen bank
- Erste bank
- HT Group
TalentLyft offers a subscription model with 2 plans: Starter Plan & Pro Plan. The plans are differentiated by the number of active positions your business is hiring for per time.
- Starter Plan: This starts at $40 per month for 2 active jobs and includes features like job board syndication, interview kits, scorecards, reporting, branded career pages, unlimited users and pools, chrome sourcing extension, and employee referral program.
- Pro Plan: This starts at $82 per month for 2 active jobs and includes everything on the starter package plus workflow automation, a custom domain for your careers site, custom fields, multiple recruiting pipelines, and a dedicated account manager.
Users are allowed to change their plans based on their present needs and preferences. TalentLyft also offer a 14-day free trial.
TalentLyft pricing structure makes it a good option for early-stage startups, growing teams and businesses with fluctuating hiring needs.
Symphony Talent's SmashFlyX is a powerful platform that combines CRM, career sites, and programmatic advertising for smart recruitment marketing and campaigning.
SmashFlyX was one of the pioneers in the recruitment marketing category. At one point, their solution powered 25% of the Fortune 500 including S&P, Rio Tino, and Ticketmaster with dynamic career sites, CRM, chatbots, and more. Now owned by Symphony Talent, they've expounded on the successful recruitment marketing software with referrals, internal mobility pathways, and no-code approach to workflows.
Aside from the ones mentioned above, Symphony Talent's SmashflyX is also used by Mars, Advent Health, HP, Regis Corporation, and Dick's Sporting Goods.
SmashflyX has been designed to work with businesses of all sizes and in practically any part of the world. It is especially convenient for recruitment teams whose strategy relies heavily on digital advertising.
Phenom is a comprehensive tool that lets you manage all the stages of the talent experience into a single platform.
Phenom is best known for their dynamic career sites which will serve different content to job seekers based on their behavior, and resume/LinkedIn (if uploaded). We love that this is taking a page directly out of the best practices of eCommerce to drive more conversions. Also worth checking out is their HR chatbot, recruiting CRM and AI driven analytics.
Pricing for Phenom is undisclosed. This may be due to the fact that they're geared mainly towards large and enterprise-level organizations, but also since they have many different products within the platform.
Large organizations and enterprises looking to manage all stages of their talent's experience in the same robust platform.
Many HR professionals gladly use Yello to hire with more effectiveness, sourcing, engaging, and advancing candidates in a single platform.
Yello’s talent acquisition software started with events-based recruiting and has since moved into candidate relationship management, video interviews, sourcing, scheduling, and much more. We keep hearing great things from practitioners about this software!
- Johnson & Johnson
Pricing for Yello is not disclosed upfront, but will vary depending on user count and other requirements.
Yello is used by all kinds of companies, from those with 50 employees to enterprise clients with over a thousand. It's also used in multiple countries and multiple languages.
Beamery's Talent CRM is a nice-looking tool with notable features such as one-click sourcing, automated workflows, and nurture pools.
Beamery is one of the newer entrants into this market, and has one of the slickest solutions out there. It’s almost as if a sophisticated marketing team built your recruiting software - from career sites to candidate nurturing, there is a lot to like in this recruiting platform.
One such thing is how they enable recruiting teams to proactively build pipelines of candidates ahead of demand. Their software can automatically surface qualified talent in response to a new job opening up, for instance.
Beamery's pricing is undisclosed because it will vary in accordance to each company's needs.
Beamery is certainly designed with big enterprises in mind with ongoing recruitment needs.
Loxo’s comprehensive recruiting platform packs a CRM that lets you put recruitment marketing on autopilot by pre-building emails, SMS, phone calls, and LinkedIn engagement.
- Loxo’s massive database provides recruiters with a wide pool of potential talent to choose from.
- Utilizing AI technology, the platform effectively identifies, screens, and ranks the most suitable candidates from its database.
- The availability of a free plan with unlimited user seats and job postings allows for flexibility and cost savings.
- Loxo integrates a comprehensive Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) system into its platform.
- The customer service is highly rated by users, citing that it’s fairly fast to get help when needed.
- The platform enables the scheduling of multi-medium campaigns with timed sequences, automatically pausing when a contacted candidate responds.
- Due to its advanced features and sophisticated nature, it takes users quite a bit of time to get the hang of the platform.
- Integration with third-party VOIP services for call and text recording isn’t currently supported.
- Some of the database candidates’ information is outdated, and contact details are limited to work emails.
- The complexity of the Boolean search and internal searches leads to missed or skipped candidates.
- The mobile app offers limited functionality and primarily supports outreach activities.
- A few users have experienced occasional lags in bulk emailing.
Loxo's platform is specifically designed to enhance the efficiency of recruiting teams. What sets Loxo apart from other CRM systems is its extensive database, complete with the contact information of over 1.2 billion people. Leveraging this database, Loxo’s CRM helps recruiters build lists of candidates, organize them in pipelines, and do outreach through automated sequences of texts, emails, calls, and even Linkedin, in one place.
We appreciate Loxo’s holistic approach to recruiting, with additional tools for you to source, screen, track, and keep applicants engaged throughout the hiring process.
Bank of America, Amazon, All-State, Trinity Health, and Lockheed Martin are a few of the companies that use Loxo.
- Loxo has three pricing tiers, Free, Professional, and Enterprise. Free, you guessed it, is free of charge, comes with moderate access to the platform’s ATS and recruiting CRM, and allows for an unlimited number of seats and jobs. Do note that add-ons are not included in this plan and are purchased separately.
- The Professional plan costs $299 per seat per month (billed annually) and gives users access to everything in the Free plan, plus advanced addons for sourcing and outreach, customized workflows, built-in communication tools (email, SMS, & calling), guided onboarding, priority customer support, and more.
- Lastly, Loxo’s Enterprise plan is made for companies that do volume hiring and require advanced security. On this plan, you get all of the features in Professional, plus AI internal mobility sourcing, e-signature integration, SSO, SOC 2 Type II reporting, audit logs, different deployment options, and a private database instance. Contact Loxo’s Sales team for a price quote.
From their client list, you may gather that Loxo is suitable for companies of different sizes and all sorts of industries. While that is true, it is worth mentioning that their product is made with agencies' and mid-sized companies' needs in mind.
- Our goal at SSR is to help HR and recruiting teams to find and buy the right software for their needs.
- Our site is free to use as some vendors will pay us for web traffic.
- SSR lists all companies we feel are top vendors - not just those who pay us - in our comprehensive directories full of the advice needed to make the right purchase decision for your HR team.