Slack Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Slack is undeniably every productive team's go-to communication and collaboration solution. It facilitates private and group messaging, audio and video calls, file sharing, and more.
Slack's messaging platform has spread virally throughout the corporate world and is now a mainstay of corporate communications. Asynchronous standups, 1:1 messaging, or employee resource groups and so much more can be hosted on this platform. In addition, they have a large and growing ecosystem of apps that are native to Slack from employee recognition to notifications related to marketing, sales, engineering, or recruiting.
Uber, Target, Fox, Ameritrade, Intuit, Time, One Medical, Oracle
- Over 750,000 companies use Slack to get work done
- Slack integrates with over 2,200 apps using prebuilt modules
- Multiple channel creation
- Private messaging
- File sharing
- Space and channel-wide search
- 1:1s and group voice/video calls
- Third-party integrations
- Workflow management
- Data protection
- Enterprise key management
- Mobile access
Slack integrates with over 2,200 3rd party tools including those from Google, Microsoft, and Atlassian. Visit Slack's integrations page to learn more.
Slack has a free plan with limitations on message history access. Free plan customers can only view the last 10,000 of their team's messages and the rest is archived unless an upgrade is made to any of the following paid plans:
- Standard: Suitable for small and medium-sized businesses. This plan costs $6.67 per person per month when billed annually.
- Plus: Suitable for larger businesses or those seeking advanced administration tools. This plan costs $12.50 per person per month when billed annually.
- Enterprise Grid: Suitable for very large businesses or those in highly regulated industries. The pricing of this plan varies according to the size and scope of your operation. Contact Slack's sales team to learn more.
You can create a workspace online from Slack's website by clicking the TRY FOR FREE button at the top right-hand corner. You may also go to their pricing page and purchase a plan if you're interested in their paid offerings. Once your workspace is created, you can begin personalizing it and adding your team(s). To access Slack, everyone in your workspace can either log in to the web-based app or download the desktop app. Slack is also available on mobile devices for easy on-the-go accessibility.
Slack has a knowledge base with articles for customers to self-serve. Customers can also submit a support request if further help is needed. Enterprise Grid customers as assigned a designated Account and Customer Success Manager.