Sift Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Sift is a modern, user-friendly people search engine that you can use to discover and connect with individuals within your organization. With features like a dynamic org chart, customized employee profiles, and a powerful search directory, Sift seamlessly integrates with your existing identity and HR systems, so all your employee information can be stored in one place.
- Sift offers good accessibility. It can be used across a range of platforms, including web, mobile, and desktop applications and Microsoft teams. You can also embed the Sift widget directly into your intranet.
- Sift can be integrated with your existing HR and Identity systems. This means not having to use multiple applications to access employee data.
- Sift makes it easy to discover people within your organization through a robust search function and pre-existing filters.
- If you're an organization with under 200 employees, you won't really find this tool helpful.
Sift is a people directory designed to boost mobility and collaboration within an organization. It helps employees discover their colleagues, understand the org structure better, and connects the entire enterprise through a single, robust platform.
Using Sift's Profile feature, employees can create their own highly-customizable profile to include information that goes beyond just a job title. While you can share standard information like which team you belong to, contact info, working hours, etc., you can also provide personal context about yourself, your professional summary, education, interests, skills, experience, and more. Sift also allows you to record the pronunciation of your name so people can address you correctly.
These profiles are helpful for finding the right people within your organization, getting contact info, or even learning more about your colleague before meeting them for the first time.
Sift's org chart provides a simple way to navigate the structure of your enterprise. Built directly from your existing employee data, the org chart shows teams within your company, reporting paths, and who is part of what department. The chart can also be customized to highlight a particular area or colour code text-based attributes like department, location of the employees, remote work status, etc. All org charts can be exported into pdf, png, or jpg formats.
One of Sift's most powerful features is their search function. The search bar in Sift's People Directory allows you to quickly find someone you know by their name or discover employees by searching for specific attributes like skills, interests, department, etc. With their search functionality, any field is searchable. You can also use filters to refine your search further. This allows you to find the person/people you're looking for quickly. You can then send them a group email or a chat message.
Another feature that Sift provides is the option to create pages to store information about anything under the sun. It can be information about an ongoing HR project, a page for people with a specific interest/hobby, or even an employee resource group.
Sift's analytics feature allows HR teams to visualize the organization better, analyze trends across different departments and areas, filter employees based on skills or interests, and discover opportunities to boost collaboration between the different moving parts of the business.
If you’re a company with less than 200 employees, you won’t be getting the best out of Sift.
Xenith, Robb Report, StockX, Connect America, Esler Companies, and Benzinga
- Sift search results show up in less than 100 milliseconds
- On average, customers use Sift 3x per week on web and 1.5x per week on mobile
- Users use Sift’s people directory an average of 4x per week
- Users view Sift profiles an average of 11x per week
- Users view the org chart an average 4x per week
- Customers on HR teams use Sift an average of 6x a day
- Employee profiles: This feature allows you to share personal and professional information about yourself with your colleagues. The tool syncs data from multiple identity and HR systems to create a single employee profile to rule them all.
- Org chart: Sift's org chart allows you to visualize the structure of your organization and stay on top of changes such as transfers, new hires, and employee turnover.
- Sift Search: Using Sift's dynamic search functionality, users can find people with the skills, experience, or interests that they're looking for.
- Analytics: The feature helps HR teams gather data about their people, understand what’s happening within their organization, analyze trends across teams, and create better people initiatives.
Sift allows you to integrate employee data from various HCMs, Identity Providers like Azure Active Directory, GSuite, LDAP agent, and IT systems. Users can then access the aggregated data via the Sift API. They are also a part of the UKG Connect Technology Partner Program, which means you can directly integrate Sift with UKG.
Sift seamlessly integrates with a range of collaboration tools, including Skype for Work, Zoom, GSuite, Office 365, Outlook, Slack, and Microsoft Teams. They also offer a customizable widget that allows you to embed the tool into your intranet to make people discovery quicker and easier. And if you're not sure if your current systems can integrate with Sift, the team also provides custom solutions at no additional fee.
Sift offers three different pricing plans. Here's what they look like:
- Starter: Priced at $1.50 per profile per month, this plan is best suited for mid-size organizations with anywhere between 200 to 1,000 people. It includes features like the basic profile, automated org chart, basic search, up to 2 source data integrations with LDAP/Active Directory API, 24/7 online and chat support, and desktop and mobile applications.
- Pro: At $2.50 per profile per month, this is their most popular pricing plan. It is ideal for mid to large-size organizations with 200 - 5,000 employees. This plan includes all the features of the Starter plan and additional functionalities like an enhanced employee profile, custom search filters, unlimited integrations, Sift API, SSO with SAML, up to 5 custom attributes, a dedicated account manager, intranet widget, and Microsoft Teams app.
- Enterprise: The enterprise plan includes all the features available in the Pro plan plus unlimited custom attributes, quarterly business reviews, and 99.99% SLA. To know the custom pricing quote, you can contact Sift's sales team.
To get started with Sift, you will have to get in touch with one of their sales representatives. Thereafter, setting up a Sift account and getting your data synchronized into the application is a fairly straightforward and quick process.
They also provide helpful documentation to guide you through the process and a dedicated account manager if you opt for a Pro plan or higher. According to Sift, most customers have their entire organization using the tool within 30-60 days.
Sift offers 24/7 chat, email, and call support options at no additional cost to the user. If you opt for a Pro or an Enterprise plan, you are also assigned a dedicated account manager to help address roadblocks and any queries that you may have.
Sean Jackson founded Sift in 2015 with the intention of creating a company search engine that allowed you to find anyone within your organization in a matter of a few minutes.