Atlassian Confluence Reviews in 2022: Alternatives, Pricing, Reviews - SSR
Atlassian Confluence is a KMS solution that encourages collaboration. Its analytics tools empower businesses to track pages accessed and help employees use knowledge within the organization.
Confluence is a knowledge management software that provides a single place for teams to manage and share content. It lets users create knowledge bases with advanced search capabilities and intuitive page hierarchies with over 75 customizable templates.
Its biggest strength comes from its bevy of collaboration tools, including real-time editing, notifications, and rich comments. Confluence also helps manage permissions granularly while providing a feedback loop that optimizes how the team can access the information they need.
Most customers complain about the lack of stellar search options with Confluence. While some extensions and plugins exist to solve most of its issues, relying on its third-party marketplace to resolve its missing features can be frustrating for highly-secure organizations.
Atlassian Confluence has several major customers, including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Redfin, National Bank of Canada, and Sprout Social. Companies like Zoom, AirFrance, Audi, and Amadeus are also among their many success stories.
- 83% of Fortune 500 companies use Atlassian products
- 10 million monthly active users using Atlassian cloud products
- 180,000 Atlassian customers in over 190 countries
- 66% time to resolution improvement (Telegraph IT)
- Advanced search: With Confluence's advanced search, page trees, labels, and intuitive hierarchies, users can easily find relevant pages within the knowledge base.
- Collaborative document management: Confluence combines several tools that focus on team collaboration, ensuring that the knowledge base is accurate, extensive, and up-to-date.
- Analytics: Key performance indicators and metrics allow for better knowledge base optimization.
Other features that Atlassian Confluence offers include:
- Best practices templates
- Granular permissions
- Home & personalized feeds
- Privacy and encryption
- Mobile workspace
More than 2,000 Atlassian Marketplace integrations and add-ons can help your team extend functionality, automate tasks, and customize the Atlassian platform. Confluence alone supports more than 1,000 integrations, including Jira, Draw.io Diagrams, MacroSuite, LaTeX Math, Google Drive, and more. More integrations are also possible through Zapier and Confluence APIs.
Confluence offers three pricing plans:
- The Basic plan (free) includes unlimited spaces and pages, structured page tree organization, page versioning, best practice template library, domain verification & account capture, community-based support, and 2GB file storage.
- The Standard plan ($5.50/user/month) includes everything in Basic, together with page and space permissions, archive and unarchive pages, page insights, anonymous access, audit logs, 250GB file storage, and local business hour support.
- The Advanced plan ($10.50/user/month) includes everything in Standard, together with analytics, bulk archive pages, team calendars, external collaboration, automation, sandbox, unlimited storage, 24/7 premium support, and 99.9% guaranteed uptime SLA.
The Enterprise plan (custom pricing) is available to companies with over 800 users. It includes everything in Advanced, together with Atlassian cloud access with enterprise-grade security, 24/7 enterprise support, 99.95% SLA, and unlimited sites up to 20,000 users.
Atlassian Confluence is available in both the cloud and as a complete data center. Minimal setup is required, and instructions on configuration will be available upon purchase. Data is hosted with Amazon Web Services cloud hosting.
Atlassian Confluence provides self-service bases to help customers, including a help center, documentation, and an active community page. Every bundle provides an increasing support tier, together with a 99.9% guaranteed uptime SLA starting with the Advanced bundle.
Standard plan holders can avail of 9/5 regional support, while Premium subscribers are provided with 24/7 support for high-impact issues with faster response times. Lastly, Enterprise plans can avail phone support and 24/7 support for all issues from a senior Atlassian team.