RPO — or Recruitment Process Outsourcing — refers to the outsourcing of a company’s recruitment process to an external provider. Depending on the company’s needs, they can outsource a portion of their recruiting efforts or everything to do with recruiting to the external RPO firm.
Not to be confused with staffing agencies, RPO takes a more proactive approach to recruiting. Generally speaking, staffing agencies respond to companies’ requests for temporary or permanent workers by sourcing, screening, and onboarding candidates.
RPO providers serve as an extension of a company’s HR department - owning, designing, and managing their entire recruitment process. Responsible for results, they promote a company’s employer branding, build talent pools, prioritize diversity hiring, and leverage predictive talent analytics to help you make better business decisions.
But that’s not all. In this guide, we’ve outlined everything you need to know about RPOs so you can decide if it's right for you and pick the right RPO for your business.
Best Recruitment Process Outsourcing Companies
We selected the best RPO companies based on their ability to deliver optimal recruitment outcomes, adapt to client-changing needs, leverage technology for efficiency, and make data-driven decisions. We attended demos, gathered insights from industry experts, and collected feedback from users. Here's a breakdown of what we looked for:
- Optimal recruitment outcomes: We made sure the chosen RPO companies have a proven track record of success. It’s important that they have a deep understanding of your industry and can effectively navigate its unique challenges. Their expertise allows them to tailor recruitment strategies specifically to your industry, resulting in higher-quality candidates and better hiring outcomes.
- Adaptability: We looked for RPO partners who could keep up with evolving recruitment needs. Whether you're experiencing rapid growth or facing unexpected hiring challenges, these adaptable companies can adjust their services to fit your recruitment process with little to no friction.
- Leveraging Technology and Tools: This factor plays a crucial role in enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruitment process. With the right technology, such as applicant tracking systems and innovative recruitment software, the RPO company can streamline workflows, improve candidate experiences, and manage data effectively.
- Data and Analytics: Making informed decisions is crucial, and that's why we gave special attention to RPO companies that prioritize data-driven decision-making. These companies provide robust reporting and analytics capabilities, allowing you to measure recruitment performance, analyze key metrics, and make decisions based on solid insights.
If you're curious to know more about our evaluation process, check this article on how we assess HR software.
Alexander Mann Solutions
There are many reasons to praise Cielo, but we’re particularly impressed by its massive global reach, operating in more than 100 countries and providing support in 39 different languages.
Cielo is a specialized Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and total talent acquisition provider that’s dedicated to ensuring their clients attract and hire better talent faster, all while providing stellar candidate experience. Committed to providing tailor-made solutions, Cielo’s team will immerse themselves in your industry, brand, and values to drive tangible outcomes.
Agilent, Renovate America, Shawbrook Bank
The pricing of Cielo’s services isn’t listed on their website. Contact their sales team for a custom quote.
Companies looking for a global RPO partner, providing services, tools, and support in multiple languages.
Randstad Sourceright doesn’t believe in “one size fits all”. They’re a results-driven, tech-enabled Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) company with experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) recruitment practices.
Randstad Sourceright has talent advisors around the globe that focus on identifying untapped human intelligence. They first invest the time to understand the unique needs of each client, then develop and deploy strategies that attract qualified talent.
BASF, UCB, Philips, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
The pricing of Randstad Sourceright’s services and tech tools isn’t disclosed upfront because they tailor their offerings to each customer’s unique needs. Contact Randstad’s sales team to learn more.
Randstad is best suited for global businesses aiming to expand their talent search and management options across the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific regions. It's particularly helpful for those seeking to forecast talent needs and balance headcount.
PeopleScout particularly stand out for their veteran advocacy. Through several initiatives, PeopleScout has placed more U.S. Military veterans in full-time civilian employment than any other recruitment service provider.
Owned by TrueBlue, PeopleScout is a giant in this space, providing end-to-end RPO and talent advisory capabilities. Not only that, but Affinix — PeopleScout’s proprietary talent acquisition platform — enables faster and better engagement with qualified talent through an AI-driven, consumer-like candidate experience.
The pricing of PeopleScout’s services and tech tools isn’t disclosed on their website. Contact PeopleScout’s sales team to get a price quote based on the needs of your business.
All-size businesses looking to outsource a portion or all of their recruitment efforts.
Orion Talent's technology, combined with the expertise of their seasoned recruiting team delivers on all metrics. With their help, you can expect better candidate quality — all while reducing your costs per hire.
Having acquired Novotus and Accolo, two outstanding Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) companies in the last decade, Orion Talent has all the expertise and technology to handle your recruitment processes from A to Z. Upon evaluating your specific needs and challenges, Orion talent will devise and deploy a recruitment strategy, as well as provide recommendations on tech tools that will suit your needs.
The pricing of Orion Talent’s services and tech tools isn’t disclosed upfront. Contact their sales team to get a custom price quote.
Companies across different industries looking for a tech-enabled recruitment process outsourcing company.
ManpowerGroup is an expert in recruitment process design: it analyzes your process, then proposes and deploys improvements that’ll boost your recruitment’s efficiency and outcomes. The platform has been among the best RPO for clients and candidates across 80 countries for over 70 years.
- ManpowerGroup is one of the most seasoned RPO providers in the industry. The solution has been around for more than 70 years.
- ManpowerGroup provides contingent and permanent recruitment and workforce management solutions in over 75 countries.
- ManpowerGroup’s Expris focuses on supplying skilled IT professionals and project-based talent.
- ManpowerGroup’s end-to-end talent lifecycle solutions take care of sourcing, assessing, developing, and managing talent.
- Lacks transparent pricing information.
- Support is available via phone, ticketing, and office visit. No live chat or 24/7 customer support.
- Lacks online user reviews for reference.
ManpowerGroup is recognized by industry analysts as one of the best global Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) providers for leveraging data-driven insights, best-in-class technology, and in-house expertise to find, engage and deliver talent that accelerates business performance. The RPO is one of the most seasoned vendors in the market, with 70 years of experience providing contingent and permanent recruitment solutions for clients across 80 countries.
The pricing of ManpowerGroup’s services isn’t detailed on their website. Contact their sales team to get a custom price quote.
ManpowerGroup is best for medium to large-sized organizations looking for a seasoned RPO whose recruitment process design and in-house experts are the talk of the town.
Alexander Mann Solutions
AMS can tackle recruitment needs for both long-term and short-term workers. The solution also works across verticals, including Tech, Finance, and Retail, making it best for several purposes: entering new markets, closing talent gaps, scaling project teams, or optimizing hiring processes.
- Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) provides a full-fledged recruitment service: scoping, sourcing, interviewing, contracting, and onboarding talent.
- AMS has a vast of solutions: Permanent hiring, contingent hiring, hourly hiring, talent advisory, and employer brand advisory.
- 32 AMS’s entities are located across the regions: from the US to Germany, Spain, China, Singapore, and India.
- Undisclosed pricing structure. You have to contact the Sales team for more details.
- Very little information regarding the product can be found.
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) takes on a business’ recruitment challenges and promises to put them at the leading edge of talent acquisition. With AMS, you’ll find candidates using up-to-the-minute sourcing methodologies as well as have access to innovative technology to help you streamline processes and save costs.
The pricing of Alexander Mann Solutions’ services and tech tools isn’t disclosed upfront because they tailor their offerings to each customer’s unique needs. Contact Alexander Mann Solutions’ sales team to learn more.
Alexander Mann Solutions is best for enterprises counting on an end-to-end recruitment process outsourcing solution to help them enter new markets, close short-term/long-term talent gaps, scale project teams, or optimize hiring processes.
Sevenstep tailor-makes their offerings to each of their clients’ needs. Their custom solutions together with their proprietary technology are guaranteed to deliver top talent.
Sevenstep designs and delivers end-to-end, as well as project-based Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) solutions for both permanent and contingent hiring programs. Whether delivering across one country or several continents, Sevenstep’s RPO offerings transform recruitment processes and resources to deliver top talent with speed, efficiency, and insightful guidance.
The pricing of Sevenstep’s services and tech tools isn’t disclosed on their website. Contact Sevenstep’s sales team to get a price quote based on the needs of your business.
Sevenstep serves companies of different sizes in Health Care, Manufacturing, Tech, Retail, Financial Services, and more.
Korn Ferry is not only committed to bringing great new talent on board, but also to nurturing the talent you already have. They particularly focus on leadership development, which also complements their succession planning efforts.
Korn Ferry’s RPO division, Futurestep, aims to deliver sustainable growth by bringing together business, organization, and people strategies. They will work with you to develop your existing workforce as well as fill vacant positions throughout your company with the right talent.
The pricing of Korn Ferry’s RPO services and tech tools isn’t disclosed upfront. Contact their sales team to get a custom price quote.
Companies looking for an RPO partner with an emphasis on leadership development and succession planning.
Pierpoint is a particularly cost-effective RPO solution, potentially saving clients 40-50% of agency fees with 2x faster hiring.
Pierpoint International harnesses proven tactics and the latest innovations in Recruitment Process Outsourcing to recruit niche and hard-to-fill positions for companies in the Technology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, and Manufacturing industries.
- Univar Solutions
- Juniper Networks
Pierpoint offers different RPO models, and pricing can vary depending on the recruiter's expertise. For more information, contact their talent expert to schedule a meeting.
Pierpoint best serves growth-focused businesses of different sizes in the med-tech, life sciences, technology, manufacturing, and consumer goods industries.
XOR is an AI recruiting solution that uses an all-encompassing HR chatbot to screen candidates, reach out to them using their preferred communication channel, evaluate their qualifications, and connect them to a recruiter through automated scheduling.
- XOR is highly rated for its ease of use, simple and clean interface, and excellent customer support.
- Besides XOR's database of over 1,000,000+ candidates, they also use AI digital marketing, virtual career fairs, and referral programs to attract and source the best talent for any role.
- According to users, XOR's automatic scheduler allows for seamless scheduling of interviews with screened candidates, saving recruiters significant time and effort.
- Unlike some recruitment software, XOR cannot be used as a candidate engagement solution to nurture candidates and create personalized multistage email sequences.
- At this point in time, XOR does not integrate with frequently used ATS solutions like Lever, BambooHR, ADP, and Workday.
XOR is a recruitment solution that helps SMEs, large enterprises, and staffing agencies hire blue-collar and hourly workers in the United States. Rooted in AI, XOR's HR chatbot attracts candidates through various channels, evaluates them through a series of questions, and then automatically fills recruiters' calendars with interviews with the best candidates. It is easy to set up, and you can start having the first interviews with qualified candidates in under 5 days. Feedback from recruiters is collected and used to improve screening quality.
Mosaic, MARS, Leprino Foods, IKEA, Manpower, Pursuit, and Sutter Health
XOR charges $500 per hire, with a minimum payment of $5,000 for 10 hires. If open positions remain unfilled for over 90 days, you get your money back. The timeline for the first interviews is between 2 and 5 business days. For more information, you can contact their sales team.
XOR can be used by SMEs, large enterprises, staffing agencies, and RPOs that are looking to scale their teams at speed while keeping costs low.
- Our goal at SSR is to help HR and recruiting teams to find and buy the right software for their needs.
- Our site is free to use as some vendors will pay us for web traffic.
- SSR lists all companies we feel are top vendors - not just those who pay us - in our comprehensive directories full of the advice needed to make the right purchase decision for your HR team.