Wave Payroll Expert Reviews, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
It is very affordable, easy to use, and its accounting software is free to use as an add-on.
A subsidiary of Wave Financial, Wave Payroll is a management solution designed to simplify and automate payroll processes. It is primarily built for payroll but you can connect the software to the Wave accounting platform for heavy-duty accounting such as invoicing and receipt management.
Wave Payroll works in all provinces except in Quebec.
- 500,000+ customers in North America use Wave Payroll
- Founded in 2009
Wave Payroll also offers the following services:
- Online Payments
- Direct deposit: Direct deposit to employee bank accounts is available on Wave Payroll.
- Tax management: Wave Payroll submits tax remittances to the CRA while keeping compliant with all tax legislation. It also creates T4 and T4A summaries for tax season.
- Employee access: With Wave Payroll, Employees can access their pay stubs and T4s. They can also manage their personal information, benefits calculations, and top-ups with the supervision of the HR personnel.
- Record of employment (ROE) documentation: By law, every employer is required to issue an ROE whenever any of your employees experience an interruption of earnings. Wave Payroll will not only generate this form but also submit it to the local service Canada center.
- Data Migration: You can easily move all your data from another payroll solution provider to Wave Payroll and continue work.
- Reports: Wave Payroll offers wage and tax payments reporting.
Wave payroll costs a $20 base fee per month and an additional $6 per active employee or independent contractor paid. Also, you get a 30-day free trial with Wave Payroll.