QuickBooks Payroll Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Quickbooks is a trusted name in financial tracking, payroll, expense reports, and even time and attendance software for small businesses.
Many small businesses use Quickbooks for their accounting and financial reporting. They know that small business owners may not have enough time to be doing payroll, so their solution focuses a lot on running things automatically and freeing up your time. The same goes for taxes, as they'll calculate, file, and pay your payroll taxes for you, in some cases.
Depending on your country, Quickbooks may have products specifically designed for your market.
- Over 7 million customers across 70k companies globally use QuickBooks.
- Customers save an average of over $2100 per year tracking their finances with QuickBooks.
- Customers that use QuickBooks Time can save an average of 5% on payroll costs.
- Auto payroll: You can set things up to run automatically, same with taxes and forms.
- Same-day direct deposits: You can pay your team on your schedule, no worries about transfers taking too long.
- Expert support: Quickbooks's experts can review or complete your setup if need be. You can also consult things with them over calls or chat.
QuickBooks integrates with several 3rd party solutions including Salesforce, PayPal, Square, and Shopify.
For payroll, Quickbooks has three plans:
- Core: The basics to pay your team and have payroll taxes done for you at $22.50 per month
- Premium: Manage your team's payroll with HR support and some employee services for $37.50 per month
- Elite: This plan provides access to on-demand experts in order to simplify payroll to the max. It starts at $62.50 per month.
QuickBooks often offers discounts for its plans. They currently have a 50% discount on all plans for the first three months of subscription.
You can sign in to QuickBooks from your web browser, or download the Mac or Windows app to run Simple Start, Essentials, or Plus significantly faster. Do note though that QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping works best on Chrome.
As for setup, it only takes a few minutes to get up and running once you connect your bank account to QuickBooks. You can also sign up for a one-time expert set-up with a Live Bookkeeper for an expedited onboarding.
QuickBooks has a help center with articles for customers to self-serve. Customers may also contact QuickBooks' support team if further help is needed.