Intercom Expert Reviews, Pricing, Alternatives - SSR 2022
A trusted chatbot for big brands like IBM and Amazon, Intercom offers three conversational solutions for support, marketing, and sales for various kinds of enterprises.
Launched in 2011, Intercom is a chatbot popular for its easy-to-use interface, rich features, and triage capability that immediately filters leads and customers according to conversation intent. Intercom also stands out with its vast direct integrations and advanced analytics options.
The Small Business Plan can be very limited in terms of features. It doesn't include extensive human support like ticketing workflows or service-level agreement rules, custom bots, SMS notifications, banner messages, and multi-channel campaigns.
- 100,000 monthly active users
- 25,000 paying customers
- Triage: By understanding and filtering conversations based on intent, you can deliver more targeted responses to your customers.
- Product tours: This feature improves lead conversion by letting you create bots that provide everything the customers need to know about your products.
- Shared inbox: Answer questions and concerns as a team in real-time from one place.
- Customer data platform: This comprehensive platform gets data from your company, customer behavior, conversations, and other essential sources to let businesses identify and prioritize high-value customers.
Intercom also includes other features like:
- Management tools
- Account-based marketing
- Transactional messaging
- Live chat
Use Intercom with Jira Cloud, Stripe, Zendesk Support, Google Meet, Kalus, Ask a Question, Google Analytics, Mailchimp Subscribe, Zoom Webinars, Marketo, Amplitude Engage, Slack, Salesforce, Outlook Calendar, HubSpot, Calendly, and Pipedrive. Further integrations are possible with Zapier, Integromat, and webhooks.
Small businesses can subscribe to the Starter Plan ($67/month) and include add-ons like Product Tours ($199/month) and WhatsApp ($9/month). For more prominent companies that want to avail higher plans for more features, request a demo to know the price.
After paying for your desired plan, you can now install the Intercom platform. Intercom lists these steps for implementation:
- Import users from your CSV, MailChimp, or Mixpanel account to track their activity.
- Track custom and standard user attributes and events to get insights from customers.
Intercom provides customer support via email. They also offer a help center and community forum for more tips and guides from their experts and other community members.