Airtable Expert Reviews, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Airtable is highly customizable; you can create and tweak everything from workflows, interfaces, and apps to suit your team's unique needs.
Airtable is a low-code platform that helps teams create custom solutions. With pre-made templates, drag-and-drop editing mechanism, low-code scripting tools, pre-built extensions, and easy-to-use APIs, teams can build and customize workflows, interfaces, and apps for different use cases, including marketing, sales, HR, finance, product, and operations management.
- Founded in 2012
- Trusted by over 200,000 organizations
- Customizable content (lists, calendars, roadmaps, planners)
- Customizable views (grid, calendar, form, Kanban, and gallery views)
Through prebuilt integration modules, Airtable integrates with many third-party solutions including Slack, Asana, GitHub, Box, Google Workspace, Zendesk, and many more. Custom integrations are also possible through Airtable's API as well as services like Zapier, Workato, Integromat, and Automate.io.
Airtable has four plans that are priced as follows:
- Free: This plan is free of charge and is ideal for individuals or teams just getting started with Airtable.
- Plus: Designed for growing teams that need more space and advanced features, the Plus plan costs $10 per seat per month, billed annually.
- Pro: Designed for teams and companies that need to collaborate on complex workflows, the Pro plan is Airtable's most popular offering and is priced at $20 per seat per month, billed annually.
- Enterprise: The Enterprise plan is Airtable's most premium plan, packing all of the features in the previous plans, along with advanced security, control, and support. Contact Airtable's Sales team for pricing.
To get started with Airtable, simply head to their website and click the Sign up for free button. This will take you to a page where you can quickly create an account and start testing the platform. Airtable's Pro and Plus plans can be tried for free for up to 14 days.
Airtable has a knowledge base with many helpful articles and guides. If you need further assistance, you can contact their Support team via email. The best way to reach them, however, is through the Help menu within the Airtable app. Priority support, success management, and professional services are available to customers on the Enterprise plan.