Clockify Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Clockify provides the most unlimited time tracking and management features for free. If you want to upgrade to more than just time tracking, their paid options are also quite affordable.
- Clockify offers unlimited time tracking for free, for any number of projects.
- Users have praised the software’s ease of use. There really isn’t any hardcore learning required to get a hand of it.
- Open API functionality for custom solutions
- The product is available on all mobile devices (android, iPhone), desktop (windows, mac, linux), and as a web app.
- Basic project management features. You can only create assign and sort. No deep features like visualization (kanban boards, gantt chart, etc.) or scheduling to maximize team capacity.
- It can get glitchy when the internet connection times out.
Launched in 2017, Clockify has grown rapidly to become one of the time trackers of choice by freelancers, small businesses, and enterprises. Largely due to the robust time tracking they offer for free as well as other reporting and management features. Unlike most time tracking softwares in the market, Clockify’s free plan gives you unlimited time tracking for an unlimited number of projects.
The dashboard helps users see what they worked on at a glance. Tasks are usually color-coded and represented in charts and graphs to give an overview on how much time was spent on each of them. The reports section also gives further analysis and breakdowns. Users will typically be met with a summary report, detailed report, and reports according to a timeframe, which is usually weekly. Although you can apply filters to adjust the time frame to reflect any duration you want.
Clockify Summary Reports
The summary reports, as the name suggests, give a summary of tracked time for each day on a bar chart. This chart can be filtered to display tracked time with respect to clients worked for, projects worked on, tasks completed, project status, and tags. The summary report also shows the money earned per project, internal costs, profits, estimates, and budget. The detailed reports show all time entries logged automatically or manually, while the weekly report shows timesheet reports according to user and project. These reports can be exported as PDFs and sent to your clients.
Clockify’s Few Employee Monitoring Features
Clockify has some employee monitoring features as well but these are limited to screenshots and GPS tracking for mobile workforces. The software takes random screenshots of your team’s screens as they work. If you have a mobile workforce, you can track their current GPS locations and all the designated client sites while they are on the clock. Productivity features like idle time detection and a pomodoro tracker are also available on the platform.
Clockify’s Project Management Features
Clockify’s project management features are very basic. You can only create projects, assign tasks, and sort by status— nothing too in-depth. Within the projects section, you can set hourly rates per tasks as well as allocate budgets. These budgets can be tracked in real-time as work continues so you know where you are, budget-wise, at all times. Managers can also restrict access to tasks and keep notes for those that like project documentation.
There’s also a tag feature that comes in handy to help administrators better organize and manage tasks and projects. These tags are like labels that link tasks to projects, and projects to clients. Every task under each label can be referenced at any time.
Clockify for Expense Tracking
As a last note, you also get expense tracking with clockify. This expense tracking keeps tabs on additional expenses that come up during the duration of the project’s execution. This expense will be added with your billable time when you want to invoice your clients. While on the subject, you can send invoices with clockify. These invoices can be customized to add the company logo and additional notes.
One stand out feature clockify offers is their offline mode. This feature enables users to track time even when the internet connection goes off. When the connection comes back on, the time entries tracked will be automatically logged on your timesheet.
Sony, Disney, Siemens, SAP, Altassian, Toyota, Netflix, Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, Google
- Over 4 million Clockify users ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses and freelancers
- Time off management: Clockify allows you to create time off policies such as paid vacation, sick leave, maternity leave, and so on. You can also manage PTO requests and enable automatic accruals.
- Expense tracking: This feature enables employees to track business expenses incurred during a task’s execution.
- GPS tracking: With Clockify’s GPS tracking, managers can see the location of their mobile workforce, in real time. You can also view your employee’s daily routes and all the client sites they visited while they were on the clock.
Clockify also offers:
Asana, Jira, Basecamp, Quickbooks, Salesforce, Notion.
- Free: Time tracking for unlimited users and for any number of projects
- Basic: This plan costs $4.99 (or $3.99 if billed annually)
- Standard: This plan costs $6.99 (or $5.49 if billed annually)
- Pro: This plan costs $9.99 (or $7.99 if billed annually)
- Enterprise: This plan costs $14.99 (or $11.99 if billed annually)
Clockify is fairly easy to implement. Anyone can go on their website and click the Sign Up button to create an account for free and start tracking time. If you're interested in their paid plans, you may also try them for free for up to 7 days. Demos are available upon request.
Clockify has a help center with articles as well as video tutorials for customers to self-serve. Customers may also email or schedule a call with Clockify's support team if further help is needed.