Wit.ai Expert Reviews, Pricing, Alternatives - SSR 2022
Powered by Meta, Wit.ai is a no-frills API that developers can deploy, modify, and improve to create natural-language platforms that support chatbots, smart homes, and mobile apps and devices.
Unlike other types of chatbot software on the list, Wit.ai is an open-source tool that can be used to build natural language processing into apps or devices. Because of this, one can apply the same tech even beyond chatbots. Wit.ai enables developers to instantly build in speech recognition and voice control for any voice-activated interface by adding a few lines of its code. Founded in 2013, it is now under Meta (formerly Facebook).
While it is flexible - after all, it is open AI - it is generally intended for developers, especially those with certain mastery or at least familiarity with open-source solutions or platforms.
- Has a community of 200,000+ developers
- Supports 132 languages
- Open-source platform: You can think of Wit.ai like a canvas. Developers can modify, deploy, share information, and create apps like chatbots.
- Recipes: These workflows make building a chatbot easier and faster, even for those with no coding experience.
- Built-ins: With Wit.ai, you can quickly define intents, entities, and traits with premade codes.
- HTTP API reference: These ensure that the Wit.ai app, such as a chatbot, remains compliant, secure, and updated.
- Preferred coding language: Wit.ai allows you to create a chatbot using your preferred language, such as Python and Ruby.
Since it's open-source, Wit.ai is free to use.
Wit.ai has a community forum via the Wit.ai Hackers Facebook Group. It also offers answers through email support or the Wit.ai Github forum and accepts feedback via developer surveys.