LivePerson Expert Reviews, Pricing, Alternatives - SSR 2022
LivePerson is a cloud-based conversational AI platform that combines NLU (Natural Language Understanding), NLP (Natural Language Processing), and Machine Learning to mimic human cognition and engagement. The platform allows you to engage with customers across multiple channels, provide customer support, and nurture leads through intent-driven conversations.
- LivePerson’s reporting dashboard provides advanced analytics to monitor and optimize customer support and restructure conversational flows that aren’t performing well.
- Unlike some other chatbot solutions, LivePerson allows you to have multiple chats open at the same time. Users can also highlight which chats need attention and which ones are idle.
- LivePerson has a very clean, easy-to-use, and intuitive interface.
- LivePerson supports over 35 different languages including Arabic, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, and Hebrew.
- LivePerson’s customer support is very poor.
- In order to cancel your LivePerson subscription, you must send them a 90-day notice during which you will continue to be billed.
- Users have complained about paying hundreds of dollars on cancellation and subscription fees despite repeated requests to close their accounts.
- Some users have encountered bugs while using LivePerson’s chatbot solution
LivePerson is an AI-powered customer engagement platform called The Conversation Cloud that provides live chat and automated messaging across multiple channels like your website, email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram, and more. It powers human agents, bots, and systems to understand customer intent, design automations and conversational flows, and measure and optimize the effectiveness of the conversations across all channels.
The proprietary technology behind The Conversation Cloud is called Intent Manager, which runs on NLU (Natural Language Understanding), NLP (Natural Language Processing), and data collected over billions of conversations. The Intent Manager is pre-configured for a variety of industries and use cases. It analyzes common consumer intents and discovers intents that can or should be optimized. When used in conjunction with the Conversation Builder, it can help businesses automate a large percentage of customer interactions.
The Conversation Builder helps build custom chatbots and conversational flows using a simple point-and-click interface. Apart from responding to the queries fed into the system, the chatbot can also search the knowledge base and provide articles from multiple sources that may be helpful or relevant to the user using LivePerson's KnowledgeAI. You can also evaluate your chatbot's performance using a number of metrics available in the dashboard, such as conversion rates, number of interactions, and MACS(Meaningful Automated Conversation Score). If human interference is needed during any conversation, the chatbot hands off the conversation to a live agent.
The Conversation Manager is a centralized workspace where agents can hold multiple conversations simultaneously, monitor bot interactions, and oversee other human agents.
LivePerson is especially known for its analytics and reporting dashboard, which provides a large amount of conversation data and metrics. Answer rate, average chat length, away time, number of connected chats, time to answer chat, number of non-interactive chats, and number of abandoned conversations are some of the metrics they provide. You can use these analytics to create KPI targets against industry benchmarks and optimize overall performance.
If you’re looking for a chatbot solution that offers good customer support, then LivePerson is not the one for you. It is also not a budget-friendly solution and can get quite expensive depending on the features that you opt for.
Virgin Atlantic, David's Bridal, Bankwest, IBM, Vodafone, Sky, and RBS
- Livechat powers 1B+ conversational interactions each month
- Businesses that have used Liveperson have experienced:
- 2x uptick in employee efficiency
- 10x conversions vs. traditional digital
- 20% boost in customer satisfaction
- 90% automation containment rates
- 50% decrease in agent attrition rates
- Intent Manager: This tool gives insights into your customers' intentions based on their interactions with the bot and assesses how well you are fulfilling them. This way, you can better understand their needs and deliver better service.
- LiveEngage: This AI-powered Conversational Cloud command center allows you to quickly shift to different tasks and interfaces.
- Conversation Builder: LivePerson's intuitive and comprehensive builder lets you create a chat workflow using a simple point-and-click interface.
- Advanced Analytics: LivePerson's reporting dashboard provides extensive analytics, including real-time messaging data, agent activity, Meaningful Conversation Score (MCS), and more.
- One Dashboard for All Channels: Converse and manage chats with your customers from your website, social media, email, and third-party messaging apps in one place.
LivePerson also provides:
- Enterprise-grade security and compliance
- Voice calls to messaging conversations
- Conversation analytics
- Conversation manager
LivePerson has an Integration Hub with pre-built templates and connectors to help you integrate their Conversational Cloud with a range of different tools. They offer integrations with CRM tools like Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, SugarCRM, and Zendesk, CMS via API, Google Workspace, Adobe Experience Cloud, and more.
LivePerson does not offer their pricing upfront. You can contact their sales team for a custom quote.
LivePerson's implementation process starts with requesting a software demo by providing your name, email address, and contact number. LivePerson's team will then guide you with the next steps.
LivePerson offers 24/7 customer support through its Conversational Cloud and ticket submission. They also have a resource library of guides, reports, and webinars, a Developer Centre to help you set up Conversational AI solutions, and a Knowledge Centre with user guides, video tutorials, and FAQs.
Founded over 25 years ago, LivePerson aims to transform how brands interact with their customers through Conversational AI. Today, the company has 6 global offices and works with 18k+ brands worldwide. They were also named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2020.