Chatfuel Expert Reviews, Pricing, Alternatives - SSR 2022
Chatfuel is the leading no-code chatbot platform for Facebook and Instagram. With its user-friendly interface and ready-to-use templates, Chatfuel allows you to build a fully-functional chatbot in a matter of a few minutes.
Pro: Even if you have no programming or coding knowledge, you can create, edit, and design chatbots using Chatfuel's visual flow builder or block builder.
Pro: Chatfuel offers analytics that users can leverage to understand their chatbot performance, customer satisfaction, chat volume, user retention, and more.
Pro: Chatfuel has all the features a chatbot must have to facilitate in-depth user interactions, including keyword detection, personalization, human takeover, the option to branch out into different conversational pathways, and various automations.
Con: While you can create a chatbot in any language using Chatfuel, the process of translating the chatbot to different languages has to be done manually and can be quite cumbersome.
Con: Chatfuel cannot be used to build a chatbot on WhatsApp, Telegram, SMS, Slack, Skype, or email. The platform is limited to Facebook Messenger and Instagram.
Con: While you can use a Facebook messenger widget on your website, you cannot create a native website widget using Chatfuel. This is a limitation for businesses that want a chatbot only on their site.
Chatfuel is a cloud-based chatbot platform that allows small, medium, and large-sized businesses to create chatbots on Facebook and Instagram. These AI chatbots can be used to generate leads, answer customer queries, send automated responses to FAQs, recommend products, and collect customer feedback. And if at any point, human interaction is required, then the chatbot seamlessly transitions the conversation to a live chat.
We like that Chatfuel is a no-code platform that requires no prior programming or coding knowledge to set up. You can either choose a chatbot template from the library of templates available or simply build one using drag and drop elements available in the visual flow and block builders. Some available elements include delays, images, video, audio, emojis, quick replies, buttons, and more.
Chatfuel has an in-built CRM function that allows you to qualify leads, manage contacts, and send broadcast messages to your lead database. It also offers a reporting dashboard with important analytics to understand your chatbot performance, customer satisfaction, user retention, and more.
While Chatfuel is great for platforms like Facebook and Instagram, you cannot use the tool to build a native chatbot on your website or a chatbot on other applications like WhatsApp, SMS, and Telegram.
Although this chatbot is versatile, it doesn't offer a lot of room for more extensive customization compared to its competitors. Since Chatfuel can only build chatbots for Facebook and Instagram, it's a definite rule out for businesses that would like their chatbots elsewhere, such as on their company website.
Netflix, Nivea, Nissan, British Airways, Levi’s, and Visa
- Chatfuel has supported 7M+ clients since 2015
- Chatfuel automates 98% of customer inquiries
- Chatfuel channels over 1 billion conversations monthly
- Intuitive flow builder: Chatfuel allows you to design automated dialogue scenarios with ease so your chatbot can generate leads, answer FAQs, collect user feedback, give out promo codes, and more on autopilot.
- Accessible templates: Choose a template from the 30+ available templates for everyday user situations and let Chatfuel do the rest.
- CRM: Chatfuel's in-built CRM function allows you to qualify leads, manage contacts, and send broadcast messages to your lead database.
- API connectivity: Integrate your chatbot with existing services and platforms beyond Google Sheets and Shopify.
- Easy human takeover: Control the user experience of your channels by seamlessly taking over conversations from your bot whenever needed.
Chatfuel can also:
- Link your Facebook ads to a chatbot
- Sync audience segments
- Enable cart reminders for Shopify
- Send sponsored messages
Users can integrate Chatfuel with third-party apps, including Chapeau for live chat, Calendly, Shopify, and Google Sheets. The chatbot can also integrate with more apps using Zapier, JSON API, or the Chatfuel API.
Chatfuel offers three different pricing options. They are as follows:
- Free: This free trial plan allows you to build a bot to handle up to 50 conversations with users.
- Pro: Starting at $15/month, this plan offers up to 25,000 chats with users. This is a tiered pricing plan, meaning you will be charged a monthly fee based on the number of interactions with your bot, with a cap of 25,000 users. For example, if anywhere between 51-500 users interact with your chatbot, your monthly fee is $15. This plan also offers the option to manage your user and lead lists.
- Premium: Starting at $199/month, this plan offers unlimited user interactions. Apart from the basic features in Pro, Premium also offers a dedicated support manager, custom bot building by a Chatfuel expert, live onboarding, and consulting calls.
Getting started with Chatfuel is fairly easy. You can sign up for a free trial using your Facebook account. Once you've logged in to your dashboard, you can connect your Facebook page and begin building your bot. With its simple, intuitive interface and visual builders, you can deploy your chatbot within minutes.
Chatfuel offers email support for all subscription plans. They also have a private Facebook community of 75,000+ people and a self-serve resource hub where you can get information on getting started with the tool, creating a simple flow, and more.
With over 7 million businesses served and over 1 billion messages sent per month, Chatfuel is on a mission to simplify business conversations through automation.
When Facebook launched their messaging API in 2016, Chatfuel decided to create a tool that would allow businesses to leverage conversational commerce on the platform. Today, over 6 years later, their no-code chatbot empowers thousands of businesses, including giants like Netflix, Levi's, and Adidas, to connect with their audience using automated chats.