Sapling's Employee Onboarding Solution (Review) - 2022
Used by some of the biggest remote companies of the world, Sapling seamlessly integrates not only with your HR tools but also your finance and IT systems. Use it to automate your onboarding or offboarding, and connect your people, tools, and data.
As an HR onboarding platform, Sapling specializes in workflow automation to improve your employee experience, free up HR's time, and bring remote teams together. Their platform can enable this by letting teams create all sorts of workflows related to the employee lifecycle.
In part, it is precisely because of that richness in workflow possibilities that Sapling has quickly grown well beyond the niche of employee onboarding, offering a remote-first HRIS that keeps garnering new clients and adding up features. This product currently includes tools like an intranet, a survey and feedback module, profile templates, and numerous integrations.
Coupa, Warby Parker, Webflow, Digital Ocean, PagerDuty
- Their research suggests that they're able to save clients 10 hours of work per new hire.
- They also estimate that their integrations can save 5 hours of work per week for People Ops teams.
- Working with InVision, they were pivotal in helping the company scale remotely from 100 to 1000 employees.
- Automated onboarding: New hires can update their personal profile, complete all required docs, tasks, and training, without the need of HR's assistance.
- Profile templates: Build unique employee records, starting from a set of templates or from scratch. You can show, hide, or require fields based on each employee's circumstance.
- Smart emails: Schedule, track, and make a template out of any email that is sent during the employee lifecycle.
Sapling integrates with most of the main Applicant Tracking Systems, such as JazzHR, Lever, Workday, and Greenhouse. They also integrate natively with a breadth of other tools from Payroll & Benefits to SSO and learning management systems.
If that's not enough, they also have an open API and recently launched webhooks, making it possible to connect Sapling to pretty much any part of your tech stack.
Sapling's pricing varies depending on which modules you'd get. You'd start with the People Operations Platform and then add the Essential and/or Premium modules, for instance. The final price will depend on the applicable platform fee, plus a per-user-per-month fee. To give you an idea, the minimum annual fee is $4,000 USD.
Sapling offers two implementation plans (standard & advanced), which are offered depending on your organization's size and modules chosen. Both plans include access to their customer success team who will present a project plan, help configure your account, and share best practices for success.
All of Sapling's plans include in-app chat support. Customers also get access to their online help center, how-to documents, videos, and best practices resources.
It is also worth mentioning that Sapling currently holds an SOC2 Type 2 compliance for their handling of customer data. They've also been GDPR compliant since May 2018.