Compete Expert Reviews, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
With a sleek and easy-to-navigate platform, Compete stand out for offering real-time data about benefits and compensation in the tech industry. HR leaders at hundreds of tech companies use their platform to stay competitive in their offerings and retain their people.
Compete's co-founder and CEO, Amit Rapaport, comes from the world of HR. During her years in several roles, she realized that a major challenge for most HR people was tapping into real-time compensation data. Addressing this pain point is why Compete was founded. Each and every one of their customers provide data from their organization in an anonymous manner, which is fed into their ever-growing database.
On the user side, HR and hiring managers can search for any role, see how much it pays, and look at the benchmark for benefits and other forms of compensation. There's hard data for salaries, dozens of benefits such as vacation days, maternity leave, healthcare, 401K, and of course benchmarking data about equity. Managers can then make their own conclusions vis a vis compensation and make an informed effort on how to retain their employees.
Compete currently work only with tech companies, mainly in the US and Israel.
Many of the leading unicorns and public companies in tech are Compete's customers. Some of them are Fiverr, Monday.com, Rakuten Viber, HoneyBook, Taboola, Riskified, ironSource, and Melio. Compete also caters to tech companies of all sizes.
- Analysis on over 50 types of benefits
- No use of third-party data
- ISO 27001 certified
- Dashboard: This main view presents info on compensation data like salary, bonuses, and commissions as an aggregate from your company. It presents you with a positional average that you can set up depending on what business size ranges and geographies you wish to stay competitive on.
- Quartile View: Taking it further, the quartile view tells you where your employees are in comparison to the industry. You can look at this for the whole company, per department, or even on an individual basis. The individual view is also anonymous for everyone but the HR managers. Not even the folks at Compete know which ID belongs to whom.
- Equity Insights Module: This provides rich data and insights in terms of common vesting schedule, vesting status, common first cliffs, acceleration benefits, all of which can be used to make policy decisions.
Compete also boasts features like:
- Export reports
- Role search
- Benefits module
- Landscape filter
- Optional outlier exclusion
- See the sample size for each set of data
Compete have an HRIS integration coming up. Right now, every single report can be exported in a visually-compelling way that is easy to present to your colleagues.
Compete is available at a single price and they've made sure it's affordable for startups as well, even if you only hire one person. Regardless of your company size, they offer an unlimited amount of seats.
Compete can be set up for you in less than a day. All it takes is one remote meeting to onboard your information and you can access the platform right after.
Although the implementation process for Compete is quite short, they can expedite it even more if you ask to. There's also a lot of hand holding in the process since they see their clients as design partners. You can be sure that it's going to be a constant exchange, with your feedback and suggestions taken seriously for future platform enhancements.