Anthem Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Anthem's EAP offers quick and easy counseling services for employees and their families. Other than mental health services, employees can also seek counseling for adoption, pet care, critical incident support, and legal and financial consultations, among other things.
- Anthem offers employees and their dependents free counseling sessions as a part of their EAP so they don’t have to use their benefits through their group health plan, in turn, saving costs.
- When you compare Anthem's integrated EAP service versus an external EAP, members save up to $9 per month in behavioral health costs.
- Unlike a few other EAP providers, Anthem’s EAP service is not personalized. This means that they provide the same wellness solutions to everyone irrespective of where they are in their mental health journey.
Anthem is one of the largest insurance providers in the United States, known for their reasonable rates and an extensive network of healthcare providers.
They offer various kinds of insurance, including health, vision, dental, life, and group insurance. They also provide disability and absence management services. Employers using Anthem's EAP have access to a variety of services beyond just 1:1 video and in-person counseling sessions, including adoption information, pet care, child care resources, financial/legal consultations, eldercare referrals, and more.
Anthem has a corporate health and wellness program to help employees make sustainable and healthy lifestyle changes and provide them with the support they need on their healthcare journey. Employers can choose between Anthem's Wellbeing Solution, which provides holistic care through prevention, engagement, and guidance programs, or Total Health Solution, which offers holistic care plus advocacy support.
The Wellbeing Solution includes health assessments, reminders for checkups and screening tests, online mental health resources, a 24/7 NurseLine to answer any questions, access to a team of experts to help you manage chronic conditions such as asthma and diabetes, coaching from registered nurses for expecting mothers, and case management support in the case of hospitalization or serious illness. The Total Health Solution offers all the above features as well as advanced insights and analytics to identify emerging health risks within the organization.
What's nice about Anthem's wellness program is the personalized support that they provide. Their concierge customer care team provides support to navigate the healthcare system, find doctors, providers, and hospitals, and access virtual care when needed.
If you’re a small company that already has an existing insurance provider that offers health screenings and self-serve wellness resources, you don’t need to separately invest in Anthem’s EAP.
- Through its affiliated companies, Anthem serves more than 118 million people, including more than 45 million within its family of health plans.
- Anthem has a national network of over 40,000 healthcare professionals in over 16,000 locations.
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Absence and disability management
- Behavioral Health Case Management through health screenings, utilization management services, and self-management tools
- Health and wellness programs that provide resources, care guidance, and a 24/7 NurseLine to answer any questions
- An Employee Assistance Program that includes workshops, critical incident support, child, elder, and pet care, and financial and legal consultations
Anthem does not currently offer any integrations.
Anthem's EAP solution doesn't cost anything for employees. Employers pay extra as part of their insurance plan, determined by state and group size.
They offer three different service plans. They are as follows:
- The Basic model gives employees solution-focused counseling and referrals to additional resources.
- The Enhanced model includes Basic level solutions, expanded work/life capabilities, and employer services to support leaders and teams. This includes things like policy consultation, critical response services, training and seminars, and unlimited telephone consultations for managers.
- The Customized model provides enterprise and national-level employers flexibility in the form of customized counseling sessions and on-site support options.
Once your company signs up for Anthem's EAP services, every employee is given a unique company code to log into their portal via the web browser. The portal, called LiveHealth Online, then offers service via smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Anthem’s EAP representatives are available via live chat, phone, and email 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer any questions that you may have. They also have an FAQ section on their website that you can refer to.
Anthem is a subsidiary of Anthem Inc., one of the largest health companies in the United States, serving over 118 million people. Anthem Inc. was formed when the company merged with WellPoint Health Networks Inc. in 2004. The company delivers a range of health benefit solutions such as health, life, vision, and dental insurance, behavioral health benefits, and more.