Lyra Health Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Lyra Health provides personalized, effective, and convenient mental healthcare services through self-help resources, therapy sessions, and evidence-based treatments grounded in science.
Pro: Lyra Health only works with providers who use evidence-based treatments and clinically-validated assessments to measure mental health improvement.
Pro: Lyra Health takes a personalized approach to mental healthcare, ensuring that every member has access to self-help resources, coaches, and therapists, whenever they need them.
Pro: Lyra Health offers a range of treatment options grounded in science, based on your needs — whether that’s preventative care, dealing with day-to-day stressors, or dealing with something much more serious like suicidal tendencies.
Con: You cannot access Lyra Health unless your employer has paid for it.
Con: Once you’ve used up your allotted number of sessions, you will have to either pay out of pocket, which can get expensive, or use your insurance to pay for it.
Lyra Health offers personalized mental healthcare services online or in-person for the full spectrum of mental health issues, including but not limited to stress, anxiety, depression, relationship problems, and addiction. The platform can be used by adults, teens, children over the age of 2, couples, and families.
Upon signing up, every member will have to answer a few questions about themselves and their mental health concerns and goals. Based on the answers, a personalized care plan is created. The care plan may include one or more of the following:
- Research-based self-care resources such as guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and how-to videos to support overall mental well-being.
- A guided self-care video session with a mental health coach to understand your goals. Based on the session, the coach will craft a personalized 6-week digital care plan with activities and exercises to help you achieve your goals. The coach will also be available via text to help you stay on track, give feedback, and answer any questions you might have.
- 1:1 regularly scheduled video/text sessions with ICF-accredited mental health coaches.
- Weekly therapy sessions that focus on evidence-based techniques such as CBT.
What we like about Lyra Health is how they measure progress through clinically-validated assessments such as the PHQ-9, which measures the severity of depression in a patient, and the GAD-7, which is used to screen patients for anxiety disorders. Using tests like these allows them to track clinical improvement accurately and provide the right level of care.
While Lyra Health does not offer outpatient care, they have a concierge service that provides advanced care coordination by evaluating facilities and programs that provide evidence-based care, checking for bed availability in rehab centers, and supporting patients and dependants in whatever way possible.
They also provide work-life services beyond mental health in the form of free legal, financial, and ID theft consultations and support to fill up legal forms and file taxes. They also offer referrals and phone and online consultations for dependants.
You cannot use Lyra Health unless your employer has paid for it.
Zoom, Amgen, eBay, Morgan Stanley, and Genentech
- Lyra Health has a network of 20,000 providers in 200+ countries that support over 60 unique care needs
- Lyrahealth has 10x utilization over raditional EAPs
- 88% of members who use Lyra Health improve with care
- On average, members save $2000 per year in healthcare claim costs
- 97% of members have an in-person Lyra provider within 20 miles of where they live
- Lyra has a 1 day waiting period for appointments
- Self-care resources like guided meditation, skill-building videos, and exercises
- Mental health and behavioral coaching sessions
- Therapy sessions
- Medication management
- Group sessions to support people with addiction issues
- Training and workshops
- Critical incident support
- Legal, financial, identity theft, and dependant care service
Lyra is a stand-alone application that does not integrate with other tools.
Lyra Health is free for employees and their dependents. To find out what it costs you as an employer, you can reach out to Lyra Health’s sales team, and they will help you out with a custom quote.
To get started with Lyrahealth, members will have to create a free account. You can then immediately begin accessing their mental wellness content and exercises. If you want to meet with a provider, you can contact their team and answer a few questions about how you're feeling, what you're looking for, etc. Based on your answers, they will recommend different care options, resources, and tools that you can get started with right away.
If you have any queries, you can check out Lyra Health's FAQ page. Details about your specific EAP and what services it covers are accessible once you log in to your member account. For more information, you can reach out to Lyra Health's customer support team via live chat, email, or phone, 24 hours a day.
Lyra Health's co-founder and CEO, David Ebersman, believes that the biggest hurdle to mental healthcare isn't treatment, it's access. And thus, he left his job as Facebook's CFO in 2014 and created Lyra - a platform that made mental healthcare accessible, personalized, and effective.
Since its inception in 2014, Lyra Health has partnered with over 75 companies, including well-known brands like Pinterest and Starbucks, to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to their employees. They've also received accolades like the Forbes Best Product Healthcare Award 2020 and made it to Fast Company's list of the World's Most Innovative Companies 2020.