Spring Health Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Spring Health uses their proprietary, clinically-validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to match each person to the right care for them, whether that's simple self-help exercises, behavioral coaching, therapy, medication, or even rehab.
- Spring Health uses data-driven insights and machine learning models to create a personalized mental healthcare plan for every individual
- Spring Health provides every member with a Care Navigator who walks you through your healthcare plan, answers any questions, helps you schedule your therapy sessions, and acts as a guide in your mental wellness journey.
- You cannot access Spring Health’s services unless your employer has paid for it.
- Spring Health is only available in English
Spring Health is a mental healthcare platform that provides members quick and easy access to a range of mental health solutions irrespective of where they lie on the spectrum.
To get started, all users must complete a clinically-validated mental health assessment and provide information such as their age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, profession, symptoms, family history, etc. Spring Health's Precision Mental Healthcare technology will then screen them for 10+ mental health conditions and use Machine Learning models to compare the input data against the thousands of data points available in their system. Once this process is completed, you will be assigned a personalized care plan.
Every individual's care plan may include one or more of the following: resources for self-guided care, quick mental exercises based on CBT techniques, behavioral coaching, therapy sessions, self-guided therapy, and medication. You will also be assigned a Care Navigator who is responsible for providing support in whatever way possible throughout your journey to better mental health.
According to research conducted by Spring Health, this approach means 2x higher recovery rates and 8 weeks faster recovery as compared to traditional mental healthcare.
What’s nice to note about Spring Health is that they have a great network of licensed therapists and mental health practitioners who go through a rigorous 7-step vetting process before being onboarded.
You cannot use Spring Health unless your employer has paid for it.
Whole Foods, Equinox, Kayak, Sequoia, and Instacart
- 70% of care using Spring Health happens outside business hours
- Instacart recovered 730 hours in productivity hours in one month using Spring Health
- Banfield achieved $4.80 PEPM savings in direct medical costs alone after using Spring Health
- Self-help resources
- Exercises based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques to help with anxiety, burnout, mindfulness, and more.
- Medication management
- Therapy sessions with licensed therapists
- 1:1 behavioral coaching sessions
- Self-guided therapy
- Critical incident and immediate crisis support
- 70+ readymade training sessions on topics like management, leadership, diversity, and more.
Spring Health integrates with your existing benefits ecosystem to provide a 360-degree approach to employee experience.
For employees, the first 10 sessions every calendar year are free. After that, they will have to pay out of pocket, or in some cases, their insurance covers the costs. For employer costs, contact Spring Health and talk to your benefits administrator.
Once your employer signs up for Spring Health's EAP, implementation is easy. Just log in on Spring Health's website, and enter your work email and phone number. You can also sign up using Spring Health's mobile app. You'll then have to take a clinically validated self-assessment so their proprietary technology can understand what you're looking for. Based on your responses, a mental healthcare plan will be created.
If you have any questions about the care that Spring Health provides, you can contact their customer support team via phone or email. They also have Care Navigators, who guide members through their various offerings and provide them with emotional support.
Spring Health was founded in May 2016, at the peak of spring. The name "Spring Health" symbolizes the season of spring that brings newness and change with it. The company was established by April Koh and Adam Chekroud with the intention of wanting to remove the guesswork out of mental healthcare and replace it with data-driven insights.