We spend hundreds of hours researching the best HR and recruiting software so you don’t have to. We never take money from vendors during our research phase and rely heavily on practitioners and experts to help us recommend the right software. However we may earn a small fee if you click on vendor links on this page.
Lifeworks is an all-in-one holistic solution that offers employee assistance programs to help employees take care of their physical, emotional, mental, and financial well-being. Using a modern, proactive, mobile-first, and personalized EAP, Lifeworks aims to counter turnover, absenteeism, and low employee productivity.
Ease of Use
- Lifeworks’ employee wellness platform is a one-stop solution for all employee well-being needs. From mental to emotional, physical, and financial, this platform has something for everyone.
- Lifeworks’ EAP offers employees 24/7 access to therapists and coaches who are experienced in treating various mental health disorders using techniques like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Users also get access to a plethora of self-help resources, activities, tips on mental health management, workshops, and more.
- Lifeworks’ AbilitiAbsence makes absence reporting a breeze. Stakeholders and employers can get real-time information on who’s out of the office and why, identify trends, and build strategies to reduce absenteeism.
- Lifeworks takes up to 5 business days to match you with a provider. In urgent cases, it takes a minimum of 24 hours. So if you’re looking for a platform that instantly connects you with a mental health practitioner in a matter of a few hours, then Lifeworks isn’t the best option.
- Some users say that Lifeworks’ pricing is more than a traditional EAP. However, bear in mind that Lifeworks is more than an EAP platform as it combines employee well-being services, rewards, absence management, and employee engagement.
Lifeworks is a personalized well-being platform that aims to promote physical, mental, and financial wellness, boost productivity and drive employee engagement within the organization.
Their modern EAP provides employees 24/7 access to professional counselors and therapists via chat, video, and in-person sessions. You also get support from specialists in financial and legal services, child care, and eldercare.
Lifework's employee wellness platform takes a proactive approach to wellness by not just having a rich library of mental health resources that you can access 24/7, but by also promoting action through fitness challenges, health assessments, and gamification. For instance, their health assessments allow employees to understand the current state of their mental, emotional, and physical health and provide personalized, data-driven recommendations and tips on how one can improve in these areas. Similarly, individuals can take part in wellness challenges that focus on areas like healthy habits, nutrition, activity, and more. What's nice about Lifework's wellness platform is that it integrates with wearable technology so you can see the results of your activities on your fitness tracker.
The well-being platform provides employers data, analytics, and insights to help track behavior and utilization across the organization, determine what practices are making a positive impact, understand well-being trends, measure employee engagement, and make changes to the existing system by replacing or fine-tuning things that aren't working.
Lifeworks also works as an employee engagement platform. Employers can create a newsfeed of content related to HR benefits, business communications, recognition posts, and company-wide announcements to boost social interactions. You can even include a directory of who's who within the organization, so everyone is familiar with their colleagues.
One of the ways through which Lifeworks promotes financial well-being is by offering employees perks in the form of in-store coupons, gift cards, cashback, restaurant and gym discounts, and more. It's a neat way to show your employees you care while helping them save a few bucks.
Lifework's technology AbilitiAbsence handles absence reporting throughout the organization. All incident types such as PTO, sick time, leave of absence, and FMLA are reported in real-time through automatic notifications to all the stakeholders involved. AbilitiAbsence can be integrated with your banking and payroll software to enable auto-deductions in the case of paid leaves. Such a system allows you to see the complete picture, identify trends and risks across your business, and implement strategies to overcome absenteeism.
Lifeworks offers comprehensive benefits administration based on their technology Ariel™, which crafts a benefits solution based on your organization's needs. You can integrate the platform with your existing system, streamline workflows and automate processes to promote easy management. You also get access to an administrator portal with robust reporting capabilities to view data insights.
Apart from this, Lifeworks also offers drug testing administration, pension management, communication, and change management solutions.
If you’re a freelancer or a small company with under 300 employees, you won’t be getting the most out of this tool.
The Home Depot, Bell, Walgreens, TD Bank, and Lenovo
- Employee and family assistance program: A well-being platform with content like videos, podcasts, and advice on improving mental health, CBT sessions, telemedicine, workplace support programs, and critical incident support.
- Workplace absence and disability management: Employers can use Lifeworks’ proprietary software to gain access to integrated data on attendance across the organization, real-time reporting, trends, and incident investigation.
- Workplace training and workshops: Employees can attend different workshops and seminars on topics like diversity, inclusion, leadership, establishing a healthy work culture, retirement planning, and more.
- Pension and savings planning: Use Lifeworks’ technology and expert network to design pension plans while remaining compliant and managing all areas of risk.
Lifeworks offers integrations with Microsoft Teams and your existing HR technology. To know what integrations they specifically offer, you can reach out to their customer support team.
Lifeworks does not offer their pricing details upfront. To know what a monthly subscription costs, you can reach out to their sales team.
Lifeworks is used by startups, SMEs, agencies, and enterprises. However, it is most impactful for medium-sized and enterprise-level businesses with anywhere between 300 and 5000+ employees.
To get started with Lifeworks, employees will have to sign up on their web/mobile application. You will then be given a detailed administrative guide on setting up the software, creating a profile, and the next steps.
For immediate assistance and any questions about your EAP, you can reach out to Lifeworks through their contact number. Additionally, you can also email them or fill out the contact form on their website.
Lifeworks, formerly known as Morneau Shepell, was established over 55 years ago. Today, the organization provides businesses with a 360-degree wellness solution to support the mental, emotional, physical, and financial well-being of their employees. Their mission is to build a platform that offers proactive and preventative programs that help drive down healthcare costs, prevent absenteeism, and boost healthy company culture. Today, they have over 6000 employees and 24,000 who use their tech-enabled solutions in 160+ countries.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Number of Employees