Atlas Van Lines Reviews in 2022: Alternatives, Pricing, Reviews - SSR
Atlas Van Lines is a relocation specialist. Their network consists of independent agents in the US and Canada as well as 1,500 global partners. The company serves individuals, government and military moves, as well as corporate clients.
- Atlas Van Lines move vehicles and other specialty items (like valuable art) that a smaller vendor may not want to take on.
- They offer storage in transit as well as longer-term, secure storage solutions in the US and Canada.
- Because of their expansive network, their service is highly customizable and can cater to unconventional moves.
- Larger and custom moves have a highly detailed quoting process, so you can’t get an instant estimate. In most cases, a local agent must do an in-home estimate.
- Atlas Van Lines makes use of a network of independent agents, so service quality varies. Based on reviews, communication with customers is an ongoing issue.
- The Movr client interface communicates only to the relocating employee, so there is no digital dashboard from which a corporate client can manage multiple relocations.
Atlas Van Lines is a large relocation company offering a solution to just about any private or corporate relocation. Besides moving belongings, you can use their full-service travel agency, Atlas World-Class Travel, to book flight tickets, car rentals, and hotels for employees in transit.
Atlas Van Lines' SimpliCity service focuses on small, easy moves from an apartment, townhouse, condo, or small home, but they are well adept at moving a large home and family. In either case, the employee is assigned a moving coordinator at the beginning and end point to assist throughout the relocation process. Most Atlas Van Lines agents can transport cars, caravans, motorcycles, and boats. They are also a good option for moving unusual items, such as a grand piano or jungle gym.
Moving employees can customize and manage their move via the Movr online platform which is mobile and desktop accessible. The platform integrates property information, like Twillo, and travel details, so everything is in one place for the employee to track their belongings and update details of their relocation. The Movr platform is also great for getting in touch with agents who don’t always communicate effectively with each other.
Optional services that Atlas Van Lines offer include packing, unpacking, shipment tracking (via Movr), and shipment storage services.
Atlas Van Lines is a particularly good choice for AAA members due to a partnership they have with the organization. Members benefit from discounts on their relocation and full value shipment protection for moves within the US.
Although they offer corporate relocation, Atlas Van Lines’ quoting and tracking technology is based on a per-case basis. They are not geared to be a plug-and-play solution for large companies who relocate employees on a regular basis.
Among large corporate clients, Atlas Van Lines offers personnel relocation services to the US government and military.
- Corporate relocation: With a wide network of agents across the world, Atlas Van Lines can assist employees with various services including packing, unpacking, and relocating on behalf of their new employer.
- Comprehensive storage solutions: Atlas Van Lines offers in-transit storage if the new location isn’t ready yet. They also offer long-term outdoor and indoor storage, as well as climate-controlled storage for specialized items like art.
- Online customer portal: The Movr platform offers an integrated dashboard where users can manage their move, update their budget, and retrieve up-to-date information. It integrates with other relocation services like property sites and travel agents.
Atlas Van Lines also has capabilities for:
- Travel agent services including flight booking, hotel, and car rental bookings, and cruises
- Government and military moves
- Logistics services
A long-distance move with Atlas Van Lines can cost between $3,000 and $7,500, depending on the size of the house. A short-distance move, say within a state, will cost between $2,000 and $3,000.
This may not seem competitive with what other companies quote, but bear in mind that any quote Atlas Van Lines gives you automatically includes full-service cover. Their quoting process goes into a lot of detail to ensure an accurate figure, and they do offer discounts.
Atlas Van Lines assigns a moving coordinator at each end of every relocation. Besides this, a relocating employee can contact a moving expert via their customer service hotline.
Atlas Van Lines was established when, in 1948, 33 American entrepreneurs in moving and storage formed a business alliance. Today it is a major player in the US, Canadian, and international relocation landscape, and the largest subsidiary of the Atlas World Group.
A breakthrough in client service is their partnership with AAA, which was established in 2010. This affiliation allows AAA members to automatically become priority clients and enjoy discounts, free shipment cover, and other perks.
Service innovation was yet again prioritized in 2018 when Atlas Van Lines launched Simplicity - an in-demand service dedicated to moving smaller shipments more quickly using containerization.