Altair Global Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Altair Global applies a project management approach to employee relocation in that they don’t only supply the dashboard and solutions to move talent, they apply deep generalist expertise to smooth over all aspects of moving a business or its people.
- Because Altair Global has no parent company or subsidiary they are not bound to a specific service provider, so they can use the best solution for their client. We even found accounts where they accommodated the transferee's wishes to use a particular mover or auto transport provider.
- Real-time feedback and reporting mean clients can take action quickly if a relocation is delayed or otherwise causing the employee unwarranted distress.
- Customizable solutions mean they cater to temporary relocation, making them a viable solution for companies who do contract work or run internship programs.
- All customer communication goes through a dedicated relocation specialist, so it is difficult and time-consuming to get feedback from a specific department.
- Although they are service focussed, Altair Global acts as a middleman for a lot of key functions in their relocation process. For example, we found reviews where contracted movers cause pain points that customers must resolve.
- Based on user reviews, the cost of using Altair Global and their service terms are confusing.
Altair Global's services include personally-assigned relocation consultants for each employee, business location advisory to assist with group move initiatives, and professional consulting services to further develop your mobility programs.
They have a data-driven approach to relocation in that they capture activity, financial, and customer experience information throughout the user’s journey. This data is reported back in granular analytics and actionable insights.
Altair Global’s key technology is STAR (Strategic Technology Application for Relocation). Their STAR portals offer customizable dashboards for the client (company) and a mobile app for the customer (relocating employee) that update in real-time so that both parties can easily track progress.
An integrated cost estimator evaluates the potential costs of a relocation or assignment and the impact on the employee’s family before making a final decision to move that employee. During the relocation, the client can pull pre-set and customizable data reports on the relocation that go to a more granular level than most competitors in this service type.
The client dashboard also prompts authorizations and gives status updates to the company throughout. Custom integration with your existing HRIS and HRMS is possible through their global consulting solution.
The customer portal functions as your employees’ end-to-end solution for tracking their relocation or assignment. Via the STAR portal employees can securely review their progress status, process expenses, submit reimbursement requests, access tools, update their profile and tasks, and connect directly with their Altair Global consultant. The portal also features video guides on practical topics to do with relocation.
Both the client and customer STAR portals are accessible through the web or on the Altair Anywhere app, available on iOS or Android.
Using Altair Globals services to move employees who have self-coordinated their own relocation many times before can create an unnecessarily complicated process for them. Their services are well suited to cross-border relocations that require difficult legal compliance, or first-time relocators who may benefit more from being guided by a set process.
- Mobility management: The Altair Global relocation service is a comprehensive solution to relocating an employee or team. They manage all practicalities of the move, as well as immigration and tax compliance.
- Consulting services: Altair Global has a dedicated team of consultants who specialize in designing unique relocation policies and programs for their clients.
- Predictive analytics functionality: Their technology captures user data to ensure clients are using relocation processes on par with emerging trends.
Altair Global also has capabilities for:
- Country and regional expansion management
- Immigration tax compliance
- Expatriate compensation
- Permanent and temporary relocation
- Broad view and granular reporting
Altair Global offers custom pricing only so the best way forward is to contact their service center.
Onboarding to use Altair Global’s STAR client platform depends on the level of services required, as well as the integration you need with an existing HRMS. Customers (relocating employees) can easily download a dashboard created for them online or via the Altair Anywhere app available on iOS and Android.
Altair Global offers customer support via their website, app, and the online STAR platform. Relocating employees are assigned a dedicated consultant to deal with directly.
Altair Global was established in 1989 and has grown into one of the largest independent relocation management companies based in the United States.
Their services are coordinated from their US regional service centers in Frisco, Texas; Shelton, Connecticut; Walnut Creek, California; and Minnetonka, Minnesota. They also have global offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Dublin, and The Hague, as well as Singapore and Shanghai.