HR may be a critical part of strategic business growth, but it can also feel like a circus at times, right!?
Maybe your boss thinks you know every person’s employment contract by heart, or they want the next worker safety seminar to happen on a Saturday morning. Just like a moment's peace and quiet in your life, it’s never going to happen!
We have the answer! This curated collection of the best HR memes to make you giggle, gasp, or nod in acute affirmation. And, since it’s published on the SSR blog, you can technically browse through them at your leisure and call it “professional development”.
So, between hiring the next team of interns, doing workforce projections for the next 2 to 5 years, and hanging balloon garlands for Jenny the receptionist’s office baby shower, take a minute for yourself. You deserve a laugh.
Most Humorous HR Memes
1. The real MVPs: HR
3. HR: We're like a therapist, a lawyer, and a cop all rolled into one.
4. HR: Where the work is never done and the notifications never stop.
5. The recommended reading for anyone thinking HR is all about coffee and photocopies.
6. When you're so underpaid that your paycheck is a joke.
11. When you're so tired from work that you can't even make it home.
12. Do I love my job?
13. When you’re trying to keep your zen but the pitch deadline is in an hour.
14. What the manager did vs. what HR advised.
15. When you realize that doing well at your job also means you get to do others.
16. When was the last time you had 40-hour work week?
17. Very easy money indeed.
18. How is HR these day?
19. Sleep tight!
20. When people ask how you handle this job.
21. Exactly, how many hats have you worn?
22. HR on holiday.
10+ Funniest "Recruiting" Memes
1. When you extend an offer to a candidate and they say they need to 'finish out a few other processes' but you know they're just stringing you along.
2. Recruiters when staring the search vs. one month of the search.
3. Recruitment department when the new hire actually shows up on their first onboarding day.
4. When a new hire asks you to show them around.
5. When a candidate literally burning up all your energy but you gotta stay positive.
6. What’s it like to be a recruiter?
7. When a candidate cancels their interview right before it starts.
8. Every candidate according to their resumes.
9. Is Adele a undercovered recruiter?
11. TAs and recruiters’ theme song.
12. Thanks for checking in, email sender.
13. Resume vs. candidate.
14. Who said it?
15. Stay strong, fellow recruiters!
16. Does a happy ending ever exist?
HR Tech Memes: When AI and LOL Collide
Job Interview Memes Any Recruiter Can Relate
HR Budget Memes: Making Cents of Humor
5. When you take your first look at your approved HR and recruitment budget.
Now that you’re refreshed by meme therapy, we guess it’s time to get back to those workforce projections. After all, who will look after the team’s wellbeing, career trajectories, and balloon garlands if not you?
But before you go, sign up for the SSR Newsletter where we share all kinds of helpful resources, insightful articles, and the occasional meme especially for people in the HR world. Better yet, share your HR, TA, or PeopleOps expertise by joining the SSR expert network and contributing knowledge that other HR professionals can learn from.