Tableau Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Tableau deploys the best-in-class technology to provide detailed data solutions. Some of its capacities include building business dashboards, maps, survey analysis, and time series analysis.
Tableau is a data visualization platform that is not specific to HR, but that we find many people analytics teams get value from. Their products can pull in data from your various tools/data lakes, and then use a variety of visualization formats to display real time analytics dashboards that include charts, maps, graphs, etc.
Their platform offers many products, such as Tableau Prep, Tableau Desktop, and Tableau Online. Each of them fits different use cases, which may warrant a deeper look into their offering.
Tableau is favored by organizations like Charles Schwab, Dubai Airports, Whole Foods, and Verizon.
- At Charles Schwab, they equipped over 16,000 employees with data and customer insights.
- At Whole Foods Market, they helped develop a data-driven culture across 460 retail stores.
- Embedded Analytics: Tableau can embed into your product or applications, letting you visualize data where you need it the most.
- Ask Data: This feature lets users type questions with natural language. The platform then uses algorithms to profile the question and share data resources accordingly.
Tableau can connect to pretty much all of your data thanks to its many native integrations. These include Salesforce, Microsoft SQL Server, Hive, Google Analytics, and Presto.
Tableau's pricing is organized depending on how much of a deep dive you'll need into data:
- Tableau Creator is the most powerful suite of product they offer. It starts at $70 per user per month on any deployment option.
- Tableau Explorer is a suite of self-service analytics. It starts at $35 per user per month on the public cloud or on-premise, or $42 if its hosted by Tableau.
- Tableau Viewer lets teams view and interact with dashboards on Tableau Online. It starts at $12 user/month on the public cloud / on-premise, or $15 if company-hosted.
Tableau also offers a free trial and data management add-ons or resource blocks.
Tableau can deploy in the cloud, on-premise, or as embedded analytics.
Tableau has many forms of Customer Success solutions depending on the type of subscription you'll choose. They also have several resources in place like a system status page, help videos, a customer portal, support communities, training, and consulting services.