Stoke Talent Expert Reviews, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
A Freelance Management System that also works great for general contractors and consultants, Stoke Talent was acquired by Fiverr in late 2021.
Stoke Talent was founded in 2019 in Palo Alto, California. They know that working with contractors and freelancers can be great, but it can also get overwhelming. They decided to create a tool that would ease the lives of the people on both sides of the equation. The result is loved by self-employed workers and finance and HR teams alike.
Stoke, as they call it too, provides you with complete visibility and more control over every touchpoint of the entire contractor lifecycle. You can hire new talent, create and send contracts, keep track of what they're working on, manage budgets, make international payments, and all while ensuring contractor compliance everywhere.
Stoke is also offered at a custom plan for VC-backed startups with less than $10M in funding
Put in their clever words, Stoke handles contractor headaches at places like Verbit, Minute Media, TripActions, Scale, Bob, and Similarweb.
- Acquired by Fiverr in 2021 for $95M
- Pay invoices to 190 countries in 80 currencies
- Hiring & Onboarding: Process legal docs, perform background checks, and grant system access; all from the same user-friendly platform.
- Payments: You can pay voices to 190 countries in 80 different countries and via 7 different methods. On your end, however, you pay 1 invoice per month.
Depending on the plan, Stoke Talent also offers:
- Searchable catalog
- Sourcing talents
- Tax compliance automation
- Employer of record (EoR) option
- Contractors' employer of record
- Enhanced budget management
- Workforce classification engine
- Workforce classification audits
Since the acquisition, Stoke integrates seamlessly with Fiverr, but you don't have to source freelancers exclusively from that platform; as they integrate with dozens of other freelance marketplaces.
Stoke Talent's pricing model is interesting. Their plans simply take a percentage from the total monthly payments you perform. It's 3% for the Core plan and 5% for Premium, with slightly enhanced features for the latter. There are no setup costs and all plans are month to month with no contracts.