At SelectSoftware Reviews, we rely on the insights of the HR community to keep us on the cutting edge of HR technology. Every month, we turn the focus onto the best articles and blog posts across the web written by leaders and practitioners in the trenches.
In this installment, you’ll find great insights from all corners of the HR spectrum. There’s an academic study on employee burnout. Multiple takes on company agility in the face of the pandemic. Even a psychological look into employee empowerment.
Be sure to check out each of our featured reads below and let us know if there’s something we missed.
- Norberts Erts examines a rising trend of top companies ditching college degree requirements on the CakeHR blog.
- Karl Finders writes about robots taking tedious jobs while also creating careers through robotic processing automation in a great piece for Computer Weekly.
- An fascinating study performed by Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz finds that employee burnout is a vicious cycle.
- A new study by Robert Half finds that 7 in 10 remote employees work on weekends.
- On Recruiting News Network, Martin Burns discusses tech talent marketplace Hired rise and fall from power in the wake of its acquisition by AI-talent marketplace Vettery.
- HRs priorities for 2021 have shifted because of the pandemic. Tom Starner interprets a Garner study’s findings for HR Executive, which yielded eye-opening results.
- Bryan Osario looks at the psychology of remote employee empowerment in an interesting post for HR for SMEs.
- AI can’t replace humans. On the Ultimate Software blog, Jessica Stern describes core human skills and why they’re important.
- Breezy’s blog post uses humor and cartoons to describe how to hire the best culture fit for your open remote role.
- Tim McElgunn outlines the compliance challenges HR teams will face in 2021 thanks to COVID-19 in an incredibly useful post on HR Morning.
- The Kazoo blog provides 25 ways to celebrate holidays in the remote workplace to properly celebrate company success while also staying safe.
- Why host socials in-person when virtual is better? Ed Stevens provides 100 reasons why on the Preciate blog.
- COVID-19 has put a halt on in-person events. On Blueboard’s blog, Jon Alarcon shares insightful ideas on adapting your events as the pandemic continues for.
- Steven Rawlings turns to a certain batty superhero as a metaphor for company agility in a fun post on Recruiting Daily.
- Jeremiah Barba asserts that agility is a must-have skill in a COVID workplace. His article on Workday’s blog shares expert insights on continuous planning in turbulent times from finance and HR leaders
- Anushka Rajesh writes about the positives and negatives of automation in recruiting for an informative post on PeopleHum.
- On TLNT, Elisa Lintemuth raises a difficult question for managers. Can you restrict your employees from visiting family during the holidays to reduce the spread of COVID in the office?
Until Next Time…
At SelectSoftware, we provide the best vendors, pricing, ROI and more through detailed landscapes from applicant tracking systems to employee engagement tools. But at the end of every month, we shift away from our own resources to shine a spotlight on the best insights from across the HR blogosphere.
Read something unique recently? Know a writer we need to feature? Or even interested in sharing something you created? Send us a note.