We spend hundreds of hours researching the best HR and recruiting software so you don’t have to. We never take money from vendors during our research phase and rely heavily on practitioners and experts to help us recommend the right software. However we may earn a small fee if you click on vendor links on this page.
VanHack caters to international job seekers, primarily in the U.S., Canada, and Europe, who are looking for jobs in the IT industry. Employers can create an account, post jobs and search for talent completely free-of-charge.
Ease of Use
- VanHack offers a free ATS that supports unlimited jobs and users.
- You can filter your list of potential candidates according to skills, years of experience, or custom keywords fairly easily.
- Many of VanHack’s job seekers are willing to relocate to pursue the right opportunity.
- Employers can work with a dedicated team of talent acquisition experts to find potential candidates.
- The platform’s salary guide helps job seekers and employers get a better idea of average salaries for roles.
- Because of the general focus on tech-related jobs, it’s difficult to find jobs in other industries.
- Despite their best efforts, some spam messages and emails do slip through the cracks.
- Virtual hiring events don’t provide enough time to meet many potential candidates.
- VanHack doesn’t currently offer a mobile app for hiring managers and recruiters to use on the go.
The team behind VanHack has cultivated a network around the world’s top talent in software design, engineering, and digital marketing. They specialize in connecting candidates with on-demand jobs and gigs, and many of their job seekers are willing to relocate in order to help you meet your business goals.
VanHack’s services revolve around their job listings and talent searching functionality. Employers are free to post jobs and browse talent – VanHack only charges a fee when you’ve committed to a candidate and made a hire. This is a unique pricing structure, especially amongst online job boards, and it’s one that certainly makes them stand out from the competition.
Another key component of VanHack’s success is their free applicant tracking system (ATS). Not only is it a full-scale ATS platform, complete with interview scheduling, automated notifications, job posting, and candidate tracking, but it supports an unlimited number of jobs and candidates. VanHack’s ATS doesn’t even require a credit card, so no tricky meetings with managers trying to justify applicant tracking system pricing: employers can get up-and-running quickly and risk-free.
VanHack also plays a highly active role in their online community. With regular resources aimed at job seekers and employers, virtual career events, and a podcast, the team with VanHacks keeps their users up-to-date with the latest industry trends, news, and research. They’re also active on the most popular social media channels, as well as LinkedIn and YouTube.
Finally, VanHack’s user reviews are consistently positive. While many job seekers are often quick to express their frustrations online, they seldom post about their positive experiences. The fact that VanHack has so many stellar reviews means that they must be doing something right.
Since VanHack is a tech-focused job board, it isn’t well-suited for employers operating outside of the IT industry. Since most candidates are willing to relocate for the right opportunity, it’s not ideal for employers that can’t make the appropriate accommodations.
Some of VanHack’s customers include Deloitte, Brex, Booking.com, Zalando, Rogers, and SkipTheDishes.
- Job posting: Instead of charging per post, VanHack only charges a fee when you make a hire.
- Free applicant tracking system (ATS): A full-scale ATS platform is provided, at no cost, to all users.
- Pre-vetted candidates: Job seekers with VanHack are heavily pre-vetted and screened to ensure their qualifications, credentials, and experience.
- Virtual hiring events: Employers are welcome to join virtual hiring events for even more opportunities to connect with candidates.
VanHack integrates with Qualified, a program that lets you download candidate’s coding test results, and Calendar for both Google and Outlook.
VanHack is completely free for job seekers. For employers, VanHack charges a fee per hire that amounts to 20% of the candidate’s annual salary. Job posts, interviews, and candidate searching are all free.
VanHack is best for organizations that are looking for potential candidates within the IT industry, especially in on-demand roles. It’s also useful when trying to hire one-off tech roles for your company – regardless of your industry.
Since VanHack is 100% based online, employers only have to enter their business email address along with a brief list of the skills they need in a candidate. After that, VanHack delivers a list of qualified candidates directly to your inbox. You’ll also receive a free application tracking system (ATS) scan to track potential hires.
VanHack regularly posts success stories and case studies on their website, which highlights their level of dedication to their customers.
VanHack was founded in 2014 to make it easier for software engineers, designers, and digital marketing experts to find their dream job – regardless of its location. Touting nearly 400,000 members located throughout 100+ countries, many of their job seekers are available on demand and willing to relocate for the right opportunity.
Although they’re based in Canada, they provide services across the globe. Their primary markets include Canada, the United States, and Europe, but they’re open to candidates and employers in other regions, too.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Number of Employees
51 - 200 employees