CodinGame Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
With an impressive 25+ languages supported, CodinGame's challenge-based training platform allows programmers to improve their coding skills and recruiters to source, screen and retain talented developers.
- CodinGame allows you to deploy gamified technical assessments that are more engaging and enjoyable to candidates than traditional tests.
- CodinGame has transparent pricing and offers free 14-day trials that anyone can sign up for.
- The platform is easy to use and currently supports over 60 programming languages and frameworks.
- Several users complained about the question library not being as extensive or not covering technologies that they needed to test in. CodinGame does allow you to create custom questions but that’s limited to 10 questions only on their most popular pricing plan.
- The platform is currently only available in English, French and Spanish.
- CodinGame currently has limited built-in integrations with third-party ATSs and HRISs, but they’re working on expanding their list of partners and do offer API access for users on the Team plan or higher.
CodinGame make the evaluation and shortlisting of programmers simple and fast. By challenging developers on real-life problems, they help recruiters and CTOs reduce hiring costs with reliable results on candidates' skills. Clients include Nasdaq, Thales and Ubisoft.
CodinGame only facilitates candidate assessments at this time. If you’re looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution with capabilities for candidate sourcing, tracking, offer management, etc, then this isn’t the product for you.
CodinGame is used by many coding-heavy companies including Facebook, Nintendo, EA, and Warner Bros.
- Over 15 million coding challenges
- 96.98% test completion rate
- Over 60+ programming languages
- 2 million developers in their international community
- Customizable tests: You get to choose from a library of questions and games or you can create your own questions.
- Cheating detection: CodinGame has anti-cheating measures built-in that enable it to detect several forms of cheating or plagiarism at the time of code entry.
- Email templates: In order to request that candidates take your assessments, customize their smart email template, and send batch invites.
- Reporting: Once candidates complete your tests, you'll get access to their answers, a score per candidate, and a comparative score.
- Escape games: CodinGame allows teams to create coding escape events at any time. These events are great for team building and collaboration.
CodinGame integrates with SmartRecruiters, Lever, Workable, and Greenhouse. They also offer API access so users can plug-in other third-party tools.
CodinGame starts with a 14-day free trial. After that, you can move on to one of their paid plans:
- Personal: Made for solo users, the Personal plan costs €149 a month and allows you to access to over 3900 questions and exercises, to test candidates in over 60 languages and frameworks.
- Team: For €299 per month (billed annually), the Team plan packs all the features from Personal, plus 2 additional user seats (3 seats in total), 10 custom questions, ATS integration, API access, company branding, and role-based permissions.
- Business: Priced at €599 per month (billed annually), the Business plan covers everything from Team, plus 7 more user seats (10 seats in total), unlimited custom questions, and Single Sign-On user authentication.
- Enterprise: Designed for high-growth businesses with complex and urgent hiring needs, the Enterprise plan offers everything on previous plans, plus a few extra perks such as unlimited user seats, a custom number of tests, and a dedicated customer success manager. Contact CodinGame’s Sales team for pricing.
Getting started with CodinGame is fairly easy. After signing up for an account on their website, you can access their library of questions and set up your own technical test. Once your test is ready, it's just a matter of inviting candidates to complete it. To perform this process quickly and accurately, we recommend checking out CodinGame’s Getting started guide, available on their help center page.
CodinGame has an extensive help center that's available to everyone. They also have several resources such as research studies, ebooks, guides, webinars, and events. If customers are in need of further assistance, they can reach out to CodinGame’s support team via live chat or email. Customers on the Enterprise plan are assigned a dedicated customer success manager that can help provide support as needed.
Founded in 2012, CodinGame serves as a candidate screening platform for recruiters and a game-based training platform for developers. Companies looking to assess and retain skilled programmers turn to CodinGame’s screening solution with transparent pricing plans covering different hiring capacities. Developers on the other hand, can access the platform free to sharpen their skills by playing games and solving puzzles.
CodinGame’s success can be measured in numbers. They have over 2 million developers registered in their community and a test completion rate of nearly 97%. They’re also used by some of the world’s biggest companies, including Facebook, Nintendo, EA, and General Electric.