LumaApps Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
LumaApps is a feature-rich and beautifully-designed social intranet for large businesses that integrates seamlessly with products like Google Workplace, Office 365, and Sharepoint.
A social intranet meets employee social advocacy and collaboration software in LumaApps' product, tailored specifically for large enterprises. While these guys are very clear about being more oriented towards top-down communication, they also aim to enhance peer-to-peer discussion and collaboration.
Also, their UX is quite intuitive, easily-configurable, modern-looking, and built to adopt your branding. Nevertheless, organizations looking for something more balanced or bottom-up might find it a bit rigid. LumaApps also has an interesting set of features for executive communication, such as ghostwriting and a workflow for managers to approve content created by their team members.
LumaApps also offers an employee advocacy solution that helps users become powerful brand ambassadors.
Randstad, Motorola, Verizon Media, National Geographic, Electronic Arts Inc.
- 99% all-time customer renewal rate
- Over 4 million users worldwide
- More than half of their staff is engineering or product.
- LumaApps currently has more than 250 employees spread across 8 offices in various corners of the world.
- Platform styles designer: this lets you create a branded interface theme that can then be applied to all widgets.
- Multilingual capabilities: you'll get to create versions of the same content in several languages.
- Employee feedback: you can gather this in the form of likes, comments, and surveys.
There are four main plans for LumaApps: Business, Professional, Enterprise, and even a mobile one for Frontliners. Aside from the mobile one, each of them is more feature-rich than the next one, but the pricing is not disclosed upfront.
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft 365
- & many more!
This company is not very transparent about its implementation processes, but some reviewers online have mentioned the presence of an external implementation consulting firm getting involved.
A Customer Success package is available as an add-on for most of LumaApps' plans. However, the inner workings or characteristics of the package are not publicly available.