We spend hundreds of hours researching the best HR and recruiting software so you don’t have to. We never take money from vendors during our research phase and rely heavily on practitioners and experts to help us recommend the right software. However we may earn a small fee if you click on vendor links on this page.
Freshteam is an HR suite that’s already used by over 3,000 customers, well-regarded by small, mid-sized, and big companies alike.
Ease of Use
- Freshteam is very user-friendly, with an intuitive UI that’s easy to navigate. It features a customizable, Kanban-style view of the full hiring process from initial contact to offer sending. Drag and drop mechanism makes it easy to move candidates around as they progress through the different stages.
- Freshteam is affordable for SMBs to use while still having a comparable feature set to more expensive solutions.
- Freshteam is quite scalable. With four plans to choose from, customers can start out with the free plan, then upgrade to more features as their business grows.
- While Freshteam has a free-forever plan that small companies can use, the plan is limited in features and allows for only 3 published job postings. That said, Freshteam’s paid plans are quite affordable, and can be used by small businesses - should they need to - without breaking the bank.
- Freshteam might not be suitable for enterprises and agencies that do volume hiring and are in need of advanced applicant tracking, candidate sourcing, and relationship management capabilities, as we've confirmed via several user interviews.
Freshteam is a cloud-based HR suite that’s ideal for smaller companies with <1000 employees. It enables users to manage several HR processes including applicant tracking, candidate screening, hiring, onboarding, time-off management, employee information management, and more on a single platform.
With a customizable career site, integration with multiple job boards, and social media channels, Freshteam enables you to attract top talent for your open positions. Once candidate applications are received, your recruiting team can proceed with screening their resumes, scheduling interviews, and sharing feedback with all relevant parties.
Freshteam can also help you simplify employee management. Take employee onboarding for instance. Freshteam starts with sending out a welcome kit of documents - this typically includes forms to fill and handbooks to sign. Whenever something is missed, the system sends out reminders to the concerned individual and to the stakeholders who might need to be updated.
Besides onboarding, Freshteam helps companies with basic time off management. You can customize time off policies, approval workflows, and view reports to get a quick snapshot of your employees’ leave data.
Some of the additional employee management features Freshteam offers include task tracking with multiple checklists, open APIs, e-signatures, email templates, and employee offboarding.
If you’re a small business, acquiring an HR suite like Freshteam is highly recommended as all of the above features and more are accessed on a single platform, which is significantly cheaper and more efficient than purchasing two or more point HR solutions separately. An added benefit is that there are no upfront costs or hidden fees, which is great for small businesses with a tight HR budget.
Freshteam is one of the most widely used HR suites out there with over 7,000 customers including Monster, PharmEasy, Ocado, Reaktor, Nissan, SAP, and the University of Pennsylvania.
- Hiring and onboarding: Virtual onboarding, customizable checklists, e-signatures, and task reminders.
- Applicant tracking: Job post distribution to multiples channels, customizable workflows, candidate screening, interview scheduling, collaborative hiring tools, feedback collection, offer management, and reporting
- Employee information storing: Org chart, employee profiles, and self-service options for employees.
- Time off tracking: Customizable time off policies (multiple policies allowed), approval workflows, and reporting.
- Mobile access: On-the-go access to important updates, organization contacts, and ability to perform quick actions such as time-off approval.
Freshteam integrates with a range of job boards, assessment portals, video interviewing as well as productivity tools. These include but are not limited to Glassdoor, Adzuna, Ziprecruiter, LinkedIn, Indeed, HackerRank, HackerEarth, Codility, ClassMarker, Google Calendar, Google Rooms, and Office 365 Calendar.
As you’re speaking to a Freshteam sales representative, we recommend asking about the specific tools your business uses and how integration and data sync would work between them.
Freshteam has 4 pricing plans. When billed annually, they cost as follows:
- Free: This plan is free of charge for up to 50 active employees and is limited to 3 published job postings.
- Growth: Costing $1 per employee per month + $59 platform fee per month, the Growth plan is ideal for small companies looking to handle their basic HR needs more effectively.
- Pro: For $2 per employee per month + $99 platform fee per month, the Pro plan comes with several added features to automate workflows and manage HR data.
- Enterprise: For $4 per employee per month + $169 platform fee per month, the Enterprise plan is Freshteam’s most premium offering, providing users with access to all features in previous plans with the addition of advanced customizations, reporting, and more.
While companies of all sizes can benefit from Freshteam's offering, we feel it's best suited for small and mid-sized companies. It's especially good for those looking to check out the platform for free before commiting.
Freshteam is cloud-based which makes it fairly easy to implement. To get started, you can sign up for an account for free on their website. You may also go to their pricing page and directly purchase a plan if you’re interested in their paid offerings. Once your account is created, you can begin configuring it and uploading your data.
Freshteam has a help center for customers to self-serve. It also offers 24/7 chat, email, and call support options at no additional cost. Enterprise plan customers are assigned a dedicated account manager to ensure they use the system successfully.
It all started in 2010 in India when cofounders Girish Mathrubootham and Shan Krishnasamy began working on Freshdesk, a comprehensive customer service software and officially incorporated their company. Since then, the company has gone on to release other award-winning business solutions, including Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshteam, and Freshmarketer.
Freshworks went public in 2021, trading on the Nasdaq Global Select Market and is now headquartered in Silicon Valley.
San Mateo, California, United States
Number of Employees
Freshworks has over 4000 employees across the globe.
What is Freshteam used for?
Freshteam is used by HR teams to streamline various processes, including applicant tracking, candidate screening, hiring, onboarding, offboarding, time-off management, employee information management, and more.
How do you use Freshteam?
Freshteam has tons of resources that help first-time users get on with the platform. You can find a cheat sheet on the Freshteam knowledge base as well as a detailed guide that explains to users how to set up their accounts and perform several processes. Video guides are also available, which are very easy to follow.
Does Freshteam offer a free trial?
Freshteam does offer a free trial of its paid plans for up to 21 days, no credit card required. They also have a free-forever plan that anyone can sign up for, which is great for users who want to take their time while getting a feel of the platform and its UI before making any commitments.