Basecamp Expert Review, Pricing, Alternatives - 2022
Basecamp can be used company-wide and not just by project managers and collaborators. Outside of project spaces, you can use Basecamp's Company HQ feature to make announcements, store employee docs, or socialize around the Campfire.
Basecamp is a user-friendly and versatile project management and team communication software. Companies use it to break up all of their work into separate projects, and each project contains the tools all teams need to work together. This includes message boards, to-dos, schedules, docs, file storage, real-time group chat, and automatic check-in questions.
- University of Miami
- 121 Captions
- 9 out of 10 Basecamp customers report having a better handle on their business.
- 8 out of 10 say their teams are more self-sufficient.
- 6 out of 10 have fewer weekly meetings.
- To-do lists
- Message boards
- Docs and file management
- Group chat and direct messages
- Automatic check-ins
- Client access
- Analytics and reporting
Basecamp integrates with several third-party tools, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Google Calendar, Google Sheets, Wufoo, Pipedrive, Jira, Zendesk, HubSpot, Trello, Asana, Wrike, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, Zoho Flow, Clockify, Toggl, Timely, and more.
Basecamp has two pricing plans:
- Basecamp Personal: Ideal for personal projects, students, freelancers, etc. Basecamp Personal is free of charge with a limit of 3 projects, 20 users, and 1 GB storage space.
- Basecamp Business: For a flat fee of $99 a month, Basecamp Business can be used by teams of any size to create unlimited projects, add unlimited clients, access advanced security features, and more.
Basecamp is cloud based, which makes it fairly easy to implement. To get started, head to Basecamp's page and click the Try it FREE button at the top-right corner. This will take you to a page where you can create a trial account to test the platform's features and offerings.
Basecamp has video tutorials and help articles that customers can access 24/7 as needed. For further assistance, customers can send a message to Basecamp's support team through an online form.